Hi Guys you were of so much help thank you so much!

what i did?

Came to the menu,

Went to kate--clicked on to it and held on till the screen was shaking,

Pressed the x button ..it asked if it should delete the bookmark i clicked yes uninstall

then it showed that if i uninsalled i should uncheck everything..i clicked cancel..

when i came back installer was working fine again..first thing deleted dock..then went to kate unchcked everything ..restarted..and removed kate!!

thank GOD !!

hope you get your fix soon.

take care

btw total commander method also almost worked..
    2008-05-11 12:30 AM
    Kate messed up my phone the other day too! it was working fine at first then all of a sudden it stopped workin and i had to restore
    2008-05-11 12:33 AM
    @SilentKILLA, The fact that so many people are having the problem (Even though you and some others don't have a problem running Kate), proves that there's SOMETHING WRONG. It may not affect everyone, but there's still a problem. Dont laugh at others for having something go wrong, when you can't even post the reason why they're having the problem (no, its not dock or capture). Even it was those programs, it's still a compatibility problem.

Thanks for posting. Some people have tried this, but it sometimes still doesn't work. This will not fix the problem 100% of the time!!! Many people on these forums don't even have Dock installed and are still having the problem. This is what I posted in another thread.

Anyways, I think I've figured out how to uninstall (For those of you who think they have to restore, or can't seem to uninstall). Download this file:
    http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=29898

(You're going to have to register to download it, only place I could find that has it. You can try http://www.touchrepo.com/Utilities/killBoard.app.zip , but it gave me an error from that.

Upload that app to /Applications using SSH or WinSCP or w/e, chmod 755 or 777, restart the iphone. Open Killboard once launched, it'll fix your phone temporarily. Use this time to go into Kate and uncheck everything, hit apply. Go back in installer, uninstall Kate. UNINSTALLED! Phone working fine again!
    And once again I AM LAUGHING!!!!!! How 4 posts later there are still people complaining about an unresponsive touch screen when it has be stated MULTIPLE times in MULTIPLE threads how to overcome this issue... and Yes I do agree, this app has no conflict with any others, so dock and capture is not the issue.

As far as the app goes... its not the app that has the problem, its the user... The application is not an device, so it cant come off the assembly line deffective, its a matter of the user and the steps the user takes to make everything work properly, IN WHICH I POSTED ABOVE!!

Quite possibly it could a factor of how one has jailbroken their device as for the simple fact the different jailbreaks have certain fixes already implemented in them. But for the most part, I don't see how this app has made some many of you have to restore, when such an simple fix has been stated so many times.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)
    2008-05-11 06:53 AM
    And once again I AM LAUGHING!!!!!! How 4 posts later there are still people complaining about an unresponsive touch screen when it has be stated MULTIPLE times in MULTIPLE threads how to overcome this issue... and Yes I do agree, this app has no conflict with any others, so dock and capture is not the issue.

As far as the app goes... its not the app that has the problem, its the user... The application is not an device, so it cant come off the assembly line deffective, its a matter of the user and the steps the user takes to make everything work properly, IN WHICH I POSTED ABOVE!!

Quite possibly it could a factor of how one has jailbroken their device as for the simple fact the different jailbreaks have certain fixes already implemented in them. But for the most part, I don't see how this app has made some many of you have to restore, when such an simple fix has been stated so many times.

Pretty much what I said 3 pages ago is that people werent even reading posts before them just posting away. Reading is your friend people.

GL. Day 6 with Kate and I luv her.
    2008-05-11 04:15 PM
    If you will read before,HOW TO INSTALL,you wont have problems,I have Catterpillar since the release of it,and I NEVER had any problems...

bbgt2,I like what you told though......
    2008-05-11 04:24 PM
    I had installed kate on my iphone and it messed it up. after searching through this entire thread, I decided to use this method, which seemed the easiest. It worked. I'm now gonna uninstall kate. I thought this situation was gonna be a nightmare, it turned out super easy. took about 3 minutes.

thanks alot,
    006LODBKNY

I'm copying this from my original thread HERE at everythingiCafe.

This has worked for me and a couple of others already.

KateKiller here

Upon installing this God-forsaken Kate application last night while lying down in bed, I realized that my touch screen wouldn't respond in all programs other than the home screen.

Holy ****. My iPhone died.

Long story short, I came here, saw your thread, and was about to post another "My iPhone died, plz help omgz" thread but I actually fixed the problem. Here we go:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, preferably removing the Dock so you can actually hold the phone comfortably.

2. Get on your home screen and find the Kate application icon.

3. Click and HOLD this icon until all icons begin squiggling around the screen.

4. Hopefully your "Kate" icon has an "X" on the top left corner of it, which is there to delete or uninstall the application. Click this.

5. Kate will ask you if you would like to uninstall or delete...go ahead and click Uninstall, then it will give you a set of instructions on how to uninstall, and also a 2nd uninstall button you'll have to pick.

STOP HERE.

6. Leave your iPhone plugged in and on this last menu, and just set it down on the table. After a minute or two, my phone randomly synced again with my computer, and the phone was back to normal again.

Pay attention here...if you uninstall the program through installer WITHOUT unchecking all of Kate's settings through the program itself, your phone will still be messed up as far as fonts and other things go.

Hope this helps, and I'll be around to answer any questions.
    2008-05-11 04:46 PM
    OMG........thank you sooooo much! This is the only solution to the problem. Kate suspense your touch function completly. Therefore, you can not install any other app to assist!

You truly, used ur iphone-sense with this one! The app seems like it has some good features, but I can't afford to lose touch with my iphone, it has become my VA! Va: Vitrual Assistant!.......LMAO. Thanks again!!!!

I also notices, some of the features of the Kate app still apply, eventhou I uninstalled the entire app......be cautious....PLEASE
    Last edited by maureenewhyte; 2008-05-12 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-12 05:06 PM
    hi ... i appreciate the solutions that everyone has been posting and i think there are some posted that are very useful ... however i seem to be stuck because i cannot use my winSCP ... i do not know the IP address and i cannot locate it because of my touchscreen failure ... any suggestions ? ... i looked through the threads and i didnt see any that addressed my specific issue .... i also tried the solution where u hold down the kate app until the icons start to squiggle ... unfortunately my screen never starts to do that ... i would appreciate any help that someone can offer ... thanx
    2008-05-12 08:28 PM
    wel i uninstalled the folder manually and i rebooted but now my iphone is stuck on the apple icon. help what do i do now. i can still access phone using winscp
    2008-05-13 04:37 AM
    What a bunch of whiners! Liaten, try researching an application before testing the app. These are solely made by regular peeps such as yourselves so of course everything isn't gonna work perfectly. Maybe if you read their webpage you would see a quick FAQ about how to fix it using SSH. been using this product since 1.1.1. Works flawlessly except for a minor exception they are aware of.

Reako
    2008-05-13 05:17 AM
    What a bunch of whiners! Liaten, try researching an application before testing the app. These are solely made by regular peeps such as yourselves so of course everything isn't gonna work perfectly. Maybe if you read their webpage you would see a quick FAQ about how to fix it using SSH. been using this product since 1.1.1. Works flawlessly except for a minor exception they are aware of.

Reako
    i think everyone understands thats they should research, but that is not the point at hand, some people are on 1.1.2 (which yes if you read about it its not for 1.1.2) we know if your not gonna help then don't bother posting because its just another post that people that have this problem have to read through...

A friend of mine installed this on 1.1.2, Are there any methods of fixing besides a restore? I'm gonna try iBrickr and see if anything can be accomplished through there.

if your on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 this method has seemed to work for a lot of people so give it a try

Originally Posted by BlueBliss View Post
    I'm copying this from my original thread HERE at everythingiCafe.

This has worked for me and a couple of others already.

KateKiller here

Upon installing this God-forsaken Kate application last night while lying down in bed, I realized that my touch screen wouldn't respond in all programs other than the home screen.

Holy ****. My iPhone died.

Long story short, I came here, saw your thread, and was about to post another "My iPhone died, plz help omgz" thread but I actually fixed the problem. Here we go:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, preferably removing the Dock so you can actually hold the phone comfortably.

2. Get on your home screen and find the Kate application icon.

3. Click and HOLD this icon until all icons begin squiggling around the screen.

4. Hopefully your "Kate" icon has an "X" on the top left corner of it, which is there to delete or uninstall the application. Click this.

5. Kate will ask you if you would like to uninstall or delete...go ahead and click Uninstall, then it will give you a set of instructions on how to uninstall, and also a 2nd uninstall button you'll have to pick.

STOP HERE.

6. Leave your iPhone plugged in and on this last menu, and just set it down on the table. After a minute or two, my phone randomly synced again with my computer, and the phone was back to normal again.

Pay attention here...if you uninstall the program through installer WITHOUT unchecking all of Kate's settings through the program itself, your phone will still be messed up as far as fonts and other things go.

Hope this helps, and I'll be around to answer any questions.

ps Please read other post before posting your problem!!! there are probably 4 pages of people saying they have the same problem and 2 pages of solutions so READ BEFORE POSTING ITS ONLY 6 PAGES
    if this post help click the thanks
    2008-05-13 01:58 PM
    Just to redress the balance here I installed Kate yesterday and its working fine, cool little app
    2008-05-13 03:39 PM
    Hello,

Probably at you programs incompatible with Kate.app have been installed.

Teamwork of these applications with Kate can cause problems:

Dock, Screenshot, SMSNotifier, TaskBar Notifier, and also problems with SummerBoard and Customize are possible.

In case the touchscreen will not work, try to remove all files from a folder /Library/LaunchDaemons/, except for files: com.openssh.sshd.plist and com.ripdev.remindme.plist

After that reboot iPhone.

It can be made by means of program iBrickr on a computer, or with other file browsers for iPhone.

Uninstall Kate:

Install Kate in Installer.app, after that open Kate.app, unmark

checkboxes and press "Apply", after that uninstall from Installer.app.

Or remove all files and folders:

/Applications/Caterpillar.app/

/Library/MobileEnhancer/

/var/root/Library/RiPInstall/

/private/var/root/Library/RiPDev/

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ripdev.remindme.plist

It can be made by means of program iBrickr on a computer, or with other file browsers for iPhone.
    So kate really didn't mess up my iPhone too much, I just didn't like the calander popping up every time I turned on my phone and I couldn't turn it off because I couldn't open kate to uncheck that option. Something about insufficient permissions. So I decided to remove kate using the later suggestion.

And I have to say thanks, for making the situation worse. Now my iPhone is stuck on the apple logo and after trying various methods to get it unstuck I've come to understand that I will have to restore my phone, which sucks. So thank you for helping me go from a slightly annoying app to an unusable phone.

Edit
    Ok so after HOURS of searching I found a way to fix my iPhone without restoring it. This will only work if you don't already have 1.1.4 installed. Go into iTunes and download the 1.1.4 update and install it on your iPhone.

Now you have a working iPhone with 1.1.4 but it's not jailbroken anymore. No worries though there is a fix for that. Go here and download iLiberty. Run it and make sure you have Installer checked. It'll jailbreak your iPhone and put the installer app back up there. Only problem is updating to 1.1.4 will remove all your previous apps so you will have to redownload them. All your other information will still be there though, such as contacts, music, videos, etc. But if your iPhone isn't working and no other options seem to do the trick then having to redownload apps is a small price to pay.

Also I'm not sure what apps work with 1.1.4 as I haven't reinstalled any yet, I'll get to that later. I hope this helps, this solution can probably help anybody who is stuck on the apple logo no matter how they got there be it kate or w/e.
    Last edited by heat_2008; 2008-05-13 at 08:36 PM.
    2008-05-13 05:16 PM
    Ok....here is what worked for me!!!

I touched the Kate icon until it started to wiggle...
    I then touched the X to delete it...
    It asked me if I wanted to uninstall or cancel....
    I touched uninstall...
    It then froze....I touced uninstall anyway and left it until it went back to the locked screen on its own....
    When I unlocked it my phone wasn't frozen any longer...
    I immediately went back to Kate and uninstalled it...
    Then went to Installer and uninstalled Kate there also!!

Hope this works for you guys!!!
    2008-05-13 09:36 PM
    I have used caterpillar since 1.0 and had no problems and now use Kate 1.3. Today I wanted to try the new app Intelliscreen and so I needed to uninstall the calander in Kate. After doing so and having the phone re-boot I was stuck at the apple logo and had to restore sad times again.
    2008-05-13 09:51 PM
    Pretty much what I said 3 pages ago is that people werent even reading posts before them just posting away. Reading is your friend people.

GL. Day 6 with Kate and I luv her.
    None of the solutions worked including xing the kate icon. SSH was turned off with bossprefs.

THe final killer was rebooting and getting stuck at apple logo.
    2008-05-14 04:51 AM
    my phone wont bootup!
    i unchecked all the things in kate n removed it from installer.
    then i did this:
    remove all files and folders:

/Applications/Caterpillar.app/

/Library/MobileEnhancer/

/var/root/Library/RiPInstall/

/private/var/root/Library/RiPDev/

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ripdev.remindme.plist

restarted my phone (home + power button) and now it wont come on!! its stuck at the apple screen. itunes dont detect it, cant ssh into it!

PLZ HELP!

EDIT: i managed to ssh into it n put back everything in /library/mobileenhancer. worked.
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 2008-05-15 at 03:53 PM.
    2008-05-15 03:12 PM
    HELP i had problems with kate making my phone respring and resping so i went in SSH and deleted all the kate files manully now i cant respiring so i tried a reset and it wont turn on stuck on apple symbol
    2008-05-18 12:49 AM
    this happened to me, but it was also the Ants Application that fudged it up. i ended up restoring

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-05-18 01:30 AM
    Hi

I have been around the forums and tried everything i can to bring my phone out of the clutches of 'Kate' but i have failed.

Going for the reboot!!!!

Gutted!
    2008-05-19 10:37 PM
112 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.