User Tag List

Does anybody know if someone is going to make a program to allow A2D2 support in the iphone like they did with the Palm Treo?
    2007-11-09 03:59 PM
    Do you mean A2DP?

If so...

I don't know. I've been wondering and waiting everso patiently about this ever since iDay. I can't believe that we can give this phone GPS capabilities when it doesn't have GPS hardware, but we can't give it A2DP capabilities when it DOES have the hardware to support A2DP!

Some hacker has GOOOOOOOT to work on this!

This would REEEEEALLLLY make a biig difference on how I use this phone.
    2007-11-09 07:20 PM
    I'd bet that even w/ the SDK release in Feb. that they will not let anyone allow A2DP support. The funny thing is that this would be a HUGE selling point on the iPhone. The only prob w/ it is that it would drain the battery A LOT faster. But still, having it as an option will appease the end-user at least.
    2007-11-09 11:26 PM
    Man the HACKERS have GOT to be able to add this capability. Why wait for Apple to release the SDK? I'm sure someone can do it.

I doubt it would drain the battery any faster than the icombi adapter does, and a lot of us are using it.
    2007-11-09 11:59 PM
    they gotta fix the battery anyway doesnt last half as long as their competitors
    whats up with that? if i use it during my commute (1.5 HOURS) i need to charge when i get to work......bunch of cr^p
    2007-11-10 11:29 PM
    whats up with that? if i use it during my commute (1.5 HOURS) i need to charge when i get to work......bunch of cr^p
    something wrong with your phone mate... If you have 1.1.1, you are in the same boat as a lot of other people, including me. If you have 1.0.2, there is something up with your phone.
    2007-11-10 11:40 PM
    guys he is talking about a2d2, thats r2d2's cousin from alderon. how can we get a2d2 on our ifones. oh and that a2dp thing would be cool to
    2007-11-11 02:35 AM
    I'm ALL for a2dp support.
    2007-11-11 06:26 PM
    a2dp would not be that easy to add, otherwise it would have already been done, i believe that adding a2dp support would involve rewriting the entire bluetooth stack on the phone. while they're at it might as well add obex and dun as well.
    2007-11-12 03:52 AM
    It isn't as easy as it looks. Actually it is very difficult. I remember the hacking community who wrote a hack to have A2DP on the Mogul and so forth, but they were never able to crack the Treo. (Not sure where the original poster had gotten his info). As far as I am concerened we are just going to have to wait patiently for Apple to hear all of our desperate cries.

Reako
    2007-11-12 04:45 AM
    I have gone thru THREE iPhones from Apple. New ones each time and basically, the attery stinks. I have a 2.5 hour commute one way and by the time i get to the office, i have to charge. I guess that is how it will be. I didnt hack my last one for 2 weeks thinking hacking made the battery life less....it didnt.

Rippey, jailbroken 1.1.1
    2007-11-12 01:58 PM
    a2dp would not be that easy to add, otherwise it would have already been done,
    You're presuming that it's a priority for the iPhone Dev team. Apparantly, they have more important things to do, like give us a gameboy emulator.

What does this have to do with A2DP? Please don't hijack threads. Stay on topic. Even a slight tangent will encourage people to take it way off topic.

[/hijack]<-see this? It means I'm closing the hijack about hijacking the thread. Just talk about A2DP please.

Thank you.
    Last edited by SmartAlx; 2007-11-12 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-12 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD