I'm new to the community but very excited to see what great things are to come! But already I'm having trouble with getting the NES roms into my root folder.

I will explain everything I've done so that any of you with some advise can understand clearly what's going on.

I'm running 1.1.1 iphone

I visited the jailbreakme site and had it do it automatically for me.

I have installer app 3, I have the BDH subsystem and the SSH installed.

I downloaded NESapp onto my iphone icon is showing, all my other apps working fine.

I downloaded some sweet kick *** roms they are on a folder on my desktop. (does it matter if the extensions are .nes or .NES? I noticed some are different and wonder if I should change them to be the same?)

so I read everywhere (but maybe this is outdated for 1.1.1?) that you can use ibrickr to manually put on the files, so I go to the ibrickr site and they're saying they don't have an updated version working for 1.1.1, seems maybe to be the case for ifuntastic (sp?) a lot of these also mention jailbreaking, which I do not need since it is already broken. I just need my roms in my root folder!

so moving onto SFTPs, I'm using my macbook, full bar wireless connection coming from my router

my iphone is running off the same wireless connection

I open cyberduck (I also tried winscp on my roommates pc laptop, we also couldn't get into the root folder with his, running again off the same wireless router connection) and I plug into cyberduck the ip address that I find when click the right blue arrow in my wifi connection that is my wireless router as server.

I then type in "root" for username

and then I typed in both "alpine" and "dottie" which seem to be common passwords, and hit connect, and neither of them will connect.

I get a timed out. My iphone shows full bars for wireless connectivity, safari on my iphone is working good.

Why can't I connect to my iphone using SFTP? Am I missing something? Is there a better way to get into my root folder?

Please help, I'm dying to play some jackal and marble madness!

Thank you for your time

bump?

Last edited by julitoculito; 2007-11-12 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-12 05:26 AM
    IP address?
    2007-11-12 05:30 AM
    IP address?
    the ip address of my iphone? should I be giving that out? lol

tell me if I'm wrong but this is how I found the ip address to my iphone according to gizmodo's method of uploading roms

2007-11-12 05:44 AM
    I get a timed out. My iphone shows full bars for wireless connectivity, safari on my iphone is working good.
    Two thoughts:
    1. You're sure the connection in Cyberduck is set to SFTP? I'm away from my Mac, but I remember that I had to specifically set it to SFTP because it defaults to FTP and fails to connect. There's a checkbox or something somewhere.
    2. I've noticed that I have problems connecting when the iPhone display goes to sleep. Whenever I'm messing with the phone, I plug it into a power supply and change Settings > General > Auto-Lock to Never in order to keep the screen on (and presumably keep the connection alive).

Last thing to check -- can you ssh to the iPhone? Open Terminal and type in the following:
    Code:
    ssh [email protected]
    Make sure to change the IP if your phone IP changed. Enter the password when prompted, and if you can do that, then SSH is working on the iPhone.
    2007-11-12 08:29 PM
    Hi, thank you for helping. Yes I have it set to SFTP in cyberduck. I also make sure the phone doesn't go to sleep by constantly sliding my finger around on the screen and hopping in and out of icons.

I have the switch app for turning edge ssh and wifi off, it says ssh is on

excuse me but I don't really know what ssh is, and I do not know where to "open terminal" to input that string command.

please advise!
    =/
    2007-11-12 11:04 PM
    You open Terminal on your Mac desktop and then type in the command.
    2007-11-13 12:41 AM
    ssh [email protected]
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.6 port 22: Operation timed out

it keeps timing out. But I have full bars on both my iphone and mac =(

that's a bummer. I wonder why it times out?
    2007-11-13 05:18 AM
    is wireless the only way to get roms into my phone at this point, with a 1.1.1?

2007-11-14 05:26 AM
    ssh [email protected]
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.6 port 22: Operation timed out

it keeps timing out. But I have full bars on both my iphone and mac =(

that's a bummer. I wonder why it times out?
    dude, if your ip address is 192.168.0.195 why are you sshing to 192.168.2.6

And this is all local ip so nothing to worry about. No one gonna steal your secret info. lol
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 2007-11-14 at 05:33 AM.
    2007-11-14 05:30 AM
    dude, if your ip address is 192.168.0.195 why are you sshing to 192.168.2.6

And this is all local ip so nothing to worry about. No one gonna steal your secret info. lol
    the pictures posted with that particular ip address was for reference to people looking for their ip, that's actually from the gizmodo site

my ip address is: 192.168.2.6

sorry for not clearing that up!

Still looking for a way! *raises a fist in a call for victory*
    2007-11-14 05:38 AM
    can you at least ping to it.

using terminal.

ping 192.168.2.6

what happens ?
    2007-11-14 05:45 AM
    this is what I get

what I don't understand is that I connect to the internet and installer and everything with a great connection.
    2007-11-14 05:50 AM
    Have you set your iPhone to never Auto-Lock ?

Settings, General, Auto-Lock. set it to NEVER while you're doing this.

then try it again.

going to bed now. will check thread again tomorrow. good luck.
    2007-11-14 05:51 AM
    hmmm autolock off, still same result

=/
    2007-11-14 05:59 AM
    who's the Man
    2007-11-14 06:26 AM
    BROOMHEAD FTW!

The solution to the problem IF YOU ARE UNABLE FOR SOME REASON TO CONNECT TO YOUR SFTP VIA WIRELESS CONNECTION

Compliments of Broomhead:

Step
    1: Use installer and download app "mobilefinder"
    2: open mobil finder
    3: top left corner theres an arrow pointing back.
    4: press the back button a few times slowly we want to back but to the start of your phone apps
    5: scroll down to var hit it twice, it opens
    6: scroll down to root hit it twice, it opens
    7: hit media it opens you are now at var/root/media
    8: now at the bottom
    9: hit create, hit folder see new untitled folder. highlight it. at the bottom hit modify rename ROMs hit done.
    10: hit ROMs twice it opens.
    11: hit create, file,hit modify,rename NES,Hit done
    now you have it

***NOTE*** You may need to go into mobilefinders settings to turn on show hidden folders to access your root folder.

now that you have mobile finder and you have created the folder for your roms, time to upload them!

step
    1: go to installer app and download/install/run ishare
    2: go to the website sendspace.com and register for a free account
    3: check your email you registered with and click activation link
    4: begin uploading roms!
    ***NOTE*** you do not need to pay anything to upload the roms, ignore the $2 download bandwith and just continuously click "upload" at the top to continue uploading more roms
    5: you should be logged into ishare on your iphone, use the email address and password you used to register on sendspace and log in, click download
    6: choose your download rom and then select the folder you created, they should end up in ROMs/NES
    7: go and test your NESapp, make sure you have installed the latest update from your installer and finally

ENJOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

BIG UPS TO BROOMHEAD!!!!!!
    Last edited by julitoculito; 2007-11-14 at 06:34 AM.
    2007-11-14 06:30 AM
    Its not very fast. But it works
    2007-11-14 06:41 AM
    ONE LAST QUESTION FOR THIS THREAD:

cheat codes, such as konami codes for contra

example: up up down down left right left right b a b a start

will it work on the NES rom? I'm trying to put it in but I can't get it to work.

can anyone else get it to work? do the button pressed codes work?

Thanks
    2007-11-14 08:07 AM
    nevermind, glad to see problem is solved.
    2007-11-14 06:12 PM
    i tried everything you just said through mobilefinder, but i am unable to create a new folder to make it ROMs, can anyone help me?
    2008-04-16 01:26 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD