Thanks to ReVan for this guide and xandili with his constant support! I got 1.1.2 unlocked successfully! I only had a hiccup when I ran anysim 1.2.1u under 1.1.2 WITHOUT putting the phone in airplane mode first. It froze at the apple logo. All I had to do is restore to 1.1.1, boot the phone out of recovery mode with iBrickr, and start the process over.

Good luck everyone, the guide works great!
    2007-11-30 10:41 PM
    They remove the carrier settings method from the guide, where i can find this? it was functional?
    2007-11-30 11:57 PM
    Via Installer you can install Erica's Carrier hack.
    2007-12-01 06:36 AM
    Hi Revan,
    Been using your guides to success all these times!! Thanks a lot.
    I have a problem after upgrading, jailbreaking & unlocking 1.1.2 that all of a sudden after one day the earpiece speaker has started to crackle and in the middle of a call just STOPS and sometimes does not even start when I pick up a call. If I turn on the speakerphone it works perfectly allright but earpiece does not work at all.
    Any suggestions ?? Help needed urgently please. Thanks in advance.
    2007-12-01 09:17 AM
    Has your phone ever been dropped or come in contact with water? Try connecting and using your headset and then removing the plug out slowly. Also check if your iPOD Sound Check is switched ON.
    2007-12-01 09:37 AM
    Has your phone ever been dropped or come in contact with water? Try connecting and using your headset and then removing the plug out slowly. Also check if your iPOD Sound Check is switched ON.
    Hi Revan,
    Thanks for the swift reply. Well I don't think it has been dropped and never in contact with water. The headset also works well and the Sound Check is off.
    I don't understand what you wanted me to check with slowly pulling out the headset ?? All I hear when I plug out the pin slowly it a little bit of crackle and the earpiece is still off. Put headset back in and works great.
    Last edited by adit555; 2007-12-01 at 09:55 AM.
    2007-12-01 09:48 AM
    After plugging in your headset (headphones) unplug it slowly out. and Switch your Sound Check ON
    2007-12-01 10:01 AM
    After plugging in your headset (headphones) unplug it slowly out. and Switch your Sound Check ON
    No luck so far Revan, did it about 4 times and it did not work. Do you think it is a hardware/software issue ?? Could it have something to do with the modem firmware / baseband ??
    Let me know if you think a restore could work or not & if you have any more suggestions. Thanks.
    2007-12-01 10:13 AM
    No luck so far Revan, did it about 4 times and it did not work. Do you think it is a hardware/software issue ?? Could it have something to do with the modem firmware / baseband ??
    Let me know if you think a restore could work or not & if you have any more suggestions. Thanks.
    I am not 100% certain but I think it is more a hardware than a software issue - meaning a restore wouldn't do you any good!
    I am sure you tried a different set of earphones even without a mic just to see if you receive proper sound and you also checked the iPod function while playing a song having no interference, right?
    But as I said I am just guessing and talking out loud what my feeling tells me!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-01 at 01:27 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!
    2007-12-01 01:15 PM
    Hi Xandili,
    Yeah I have tried possibly everything on the planet thrown at the iPhone. VIRGINIZED, DOWNGRADED, RESTORED, UNLOCKED LOL
    It is a hardware issue for sure ..... probably the earpiece must have gotten damaged bcoz someone may have dropped it and some perspiration might have gone into the earpiece who knows ??
    Thanks for all your help Guys and if you know what part I need to replace to fix this issue please let me know.
    Warmest regards & MAX KUDOS !!!
    2007-12-01 01:24 PM
    Hi Xandili,
    Yeah I have tried possibly everything on the planet thrown at the iPhone. VIRGINIZED, DOWNGRADED, RESTORED, UNLOCKED LOL
    It is a hardware issue for sure ..... probably the earpiece must have gotten damaged bcoz someone may have dropped it and some perspiration might have gone into the earpiece who knows ??
    Thanks for all your help Guys and if you know what part I need to replace to fix this issue please let me know.
    Warmest regards & MAX KUDOS !!!
    There must be a way to change the headphone jack but we don't know if it is only the jack or maybe more ... the question - where to get it and how to install? If I find something out I'll let you know ...
    P.S: I think what I would do is:
    Virignize the baby & Restore to make it look like it hasn't been unlocked or jailbreaked before and ask Apple Support how much they would charge for repairing it, BUT AS I SAID - JUST A SUGGESTION ... DON'T KNOW IF YOU THEN RUN INTO TROUBLES WITH APPLE WARRANTY ...
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-01 at 02:00 PM.
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!
    2007-12-01 01:29 PM
    There must be a way to change the headphone jack but we don't know if it is only the jack or maybe more ... the question - where to get it and how to install? If I find something out I'll let you know ...
    Hi again Xandili,
    I am not sure if the headphone jack would be the part I would be looking for bcoz I already know where I can find it but that probably would not fix my problem.
    My headphones work perfectly allright & speaker phone is perfect. The earpiece is the one with the troubles
    Thanks.

Hi again Revan & Xandili,
    I just remembered that I plugged in my ipod earphones by mistake and it could be related due to that. what do you think ?
    I see that the ipod earbuds have 2 white bands on the pin on the lower side & the iphone headset has 3 white bands on the pin. Any ideas ??
    Last edited by adit555; 2007-12-01 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-01 02:21 PM
    Hi again Xandili,
    I am not sure if the headphone jack would be the part I would be looking for bcoz I already know where I can find it but that probably would not fix my problem.
    My headphones work perfectly allright & speaker phone is perfect. The earpiece is the one with the troubles
    Thanks.

Hi again Revan & Xandili,
    I just remembered that I plugged in my ipod earphones by mistake and it could be related due to that. what do you think ?
    I see that the ipod earbuds have 2 white bands on the pin on the lower side & the iphone headset has 3 white bands on the pin. Any ideas ??
    No, I don't think so because I used my iPod headphones many times with my iPhone and switched back and forth between the original headset what came with the iPhone and the iPod headset!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-01 at 05:27 PM.
    2007-12-01 05:17 PM
    Just 2 quick questions.

We don't need to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 to unlock anymore?

When I upgrade to 1.1.2 do I lose all my 3rd partys apps and all my customizations?
    2007-12-01 06:05 PM
    Just 2 quick questions.

We don't need to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 to unlock anymore?

When I upgrade to 1.1.2 do I lose all my 3rd partys apps and all my customizations?
    Not if 1.1.2 is already jailbreaked, if it isn't you need to downgrade to 1.1.1 to install OktoPrep and then being able to jailbreak 1.1.2

FOR THE UNLOCKING PROCESS ITSELF IT IS NOT NECESSARY ANY LONGER - JUST MAKE SURE TO SWITCH ON AIRPLANE MODE & SET AUTO LOCK TO NEVER BY RUNNING 1.1.2!

YES YOU WILL LOOSE 3rd party apps and some customizations!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-01 at 06:20 PM.
    2007-12-01 06:11 PM
    i have version 1.0.2 want to upgrade but alot of posts but confusing and dont want to screw anything up. my phone just has the installer on and jailbreak and on at&t can someone point my in the right direction?
    2007-12-01 09:33 PM
    i have version 1.0.2 want to upgrade but alot of posts but confusing and dont want to screw anything up. my phone just has the installer on and jailbreak and on at&t can someone point my in the right direction?
    Put your iPhone in DFU-Mode and upgrade to 1.1.1, Jailbreak and then follow ReVan's guide:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-01 at 10:12 PM.
    2007-12-01 09:48 PM
    Put your iPhone in DFU and upgrade to 1.1.1 then use iNdependence to kick you out of recovery mode & jailbreak and then follow ReVan's guide:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185
    what is dfu?
    2007-12-01 10:12 PM
    what is dfu?
    A special mode what allows you to downgrade or point at the Firmware image of your choice!
    Press and Hold the Home & Power Button for 10 seconds than release the Power Button still holding the Home Button for another 10 seconds that puts your iPhone into DFU-Mode!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-01 at 10:16 PM.
    2007-12-01 10:14 PM
    the phone keeps shutting off
    2007-12-01 10:36 PM
693 ... 212930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD