i can't seem to get bbupdater to work it says permission denied. my iphone was made in week 39 does that mean i still have the old bootloader?
    2007-12-07 08:28 AM
    after the error 1015 , i ran ibrickr, didn't work so i update back to 1.1.2. read some more thread and tried indepen and didnt work. my iphone is still in that state itunes and cord on interface.
    2007-12-07 08:32 AM
    i can't seem to get bbupdater to work it says permission denied. my iphone was made in week 39 does that mean i still have the old bootloader?
    By running Terminal make sure you change directories by executing: cd /usr/bin
    Give yourself the necessary rights with: chmod +x bbupdater
    You do not need to loose time with the bbupdater since week 39 is perfectly fine and will be the old bootloader! On the other hand I personally always like to doublecheck, just in case ...

after the error 1015 , i ran ibrickr, didn't work so i update back to 1.1.2. read some more thread and tried indepen and didnt work. my iphone is still in that state itunes and cord on interface.
    If iNdependece is set up to work with iTunes 7.5 and you restored to 1.1.1 it will kick you out of recovery, if it doesn't the first time be patient and restore again to 1.1.1 close iTunes after the 1015 error and check the left bottom after launching iNdependence for a spinning circle, if you see the circle just wait and it will work!
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-07 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!
    2007-12-07 08:40 AM
    Step 5. Jailbreak 1.1.2 in phase 2.
    do you just go to jailbreakme.com and do that same thing that you did for 1.1.1?

on a side note i can't seem to download 1.1.2 Jailbreak software file it goes to their website but when you try to download the file nothing happens.
    2007-12-07 08:42 AM
    I Restored Again To 1.1.1 And Extract Independence, Waited And Nothing After The Error 1015.
    2007-12-07 08:45 AM
    Step 5. Jailbreak 1.1.2 in phase 2.
    do you just go to jailbreakme.com and do that same thing that you did for 1.1.1?

on a side note i can't seem to download 1.1.2 Jailbreak software file it goes to their website but when you try to download the file nothing happens.
    NO DON'T, download the 1.1.2 Jailbreak software: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html
    and run it from your PC or MAC, if you installed OktoPrep under 1.1.1 and UPGRADED not restored to 1.1.2 everything will work smoothly!

I Restored Again To 1.1.1 And Extract Independence, Waited And Nothing After The Error 1015.
    What happens after closing iTunes and launching iNdependence can you see the spinning circle at the left bottom?
    Last edited by xandili; 2007-12-07 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!
    2007-12-07 08:50 AM
    I Restored Again And Double Click On Independence And Stilling Waiting For Ten Minutes Now And I Dont See The Circle.
    2007-12-07 09:07 AM
    I Restored Again And Double Click On Independence And Stilling Waiting For Ten Minutes Now And I Dont See The Circle.
    Donwload iPhuc http://code.google.com/p/iphuc/ and execute:

cmd setenv auto-boot true
    cmd saveenv
    cmd fsboot
    2007-12-07 09:12 AM
    We R Making Progress.. It Said Activate Iphone Connect To Itunes.. I Was Able To Get Ibrickr To Work..stay With Me To The End Please..
    2007-12-07 09:27 AM
    Re: IMEI FIX

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReVan
    *** POST YOUR REPLIES IN THE THREAD BELOW ***

IMEI FIX GUIDE: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=1

hi ReVan:

thank you for ur time with me but this method is not working alse . i've did the following:

i put my AT&T Sim in the phone
    1. Update to v1.1.2
    2. Downgrade to v1.0.2 via DFU mode, upon receiving an error 1013, then i used the iBreaker 0.91 to boot from recovory "this make my wifi active "
    3. jailbreak and activate iphone (AppTappInstaller & PACAY)
    4. Add i.unlock.no to the installer source and refresh the sources
    5. Set the Auto-Lock to Never
    6. Install BSD 1.5 via Installer
    7. install BSD Subsystem
    8. install comunity sources to install Terminal and OPen SSH
    9. Copy ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz to the root directory (/) on the iPhone.
    10. In a terminal, I typed the following lines:

cd /
    cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /usr/libexec/lockdownd.bak
    tar -xvzf ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz
    cd /ipetools
    ./ipatcher -a

11. Reboot the iPhone ( slide the red thing).
    12. i open the terminal and typed the following
    cd /ipetools
    ./bricktool

every thing says success but the the IMEI is stell 04999***********
    any other help

Thank you very much
    2007-12-07 10:41 AM
    does this version of upgrading involve ssh onto the phone?
    and...do you have to reinstall all your apps or are they still there?
    2007-12-07 05:27 PM
    does this version of upgrading involve ssh onto the phone?
    and...do you have to reinstall all your apps or are they still there?
    does this version of upgrading involve ssh onto the phone? No
    do you have to reinstall all your apps? Yes
    2007-12-07 05:38 PM
    do you have to reinstall all your apps? Yes
    Digg
    well that sucks...oh well gottta do what you gotta do
    2007-12-07 05:58 PM
    Just Upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 using this guide & it went fine no probs at all.

Thanks to all who helped to write it.

Dave
    2007-12-08 05:26 PM
    Guys, hello! I tried to run the guide but when I run windows.bat file it couldn't be run due to some java exceptions.

D:Temp>windows

D:Temp>java -jar jailbreak.jar
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at Jailbreak.createAndShowGUI(Jailbreak.java:333)
    at Jailbreak.access$10(Jailbreak.java:331)
    at Jailbreak$8.run(Jailbreak.java:359)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 669356 incompatible with Text-spe
    cific LCD contrast key
    at java.awt.RenderingHints.put(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.windows.WDesktopProperties.getDesktopAAHin ts(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.getDesktopAAHints(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getDesktopFontHints(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.windows.WDesktopProperties.setDesktopAAHin ts(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.initializeDesktopProperti es(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Toolkit.getDesktopProperty(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    ... 11 more
    I hane JAVA 6 Update 3. Any ideas?
    2007-12-09 11:33 PM
    This has to be the easiest guide to follow ever....took me like 20 minutes and i had NO problems...thanks alot
    2007-12-13 05:32 AM
    Hey Guys I was in the middle on running anysim and my phone restarted i thought mabye this was normal but it keeps restarting and 50mins have gone past now and i cant get past apple loading screen plz help
    2007-12-20 04:15 PM
    i still got the snySIM problem. It says that it cannot unlock that iphone and i should restart it.
    When i restart iphone and do anySIM part it is still same. What do i do?
    2007-12-21 01:37 AM
    Thanks Genius ))))
    2007-12-22 10:50 AM
    Hi all

I'm new in the iPhone world. I've got a jailbreaked and working v.1.1.1 US phone from week 44 with a working but PIN-DEMANDING swiss simcard (I could change the pin demand with an older phone). I'ld like to upgrade from this version to 1.1.2. So here I'ld like to ask you guys some questions about the manual above:

1. To check the bootloader version, I installed the term-vt100 and ran it. My question: after the first line "launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter" is a new line necessary or RETURN button before entering "bbupdater -v"? Because I tried to type seperatly... nothing happened.

2. In phase 3 the first line "Put your AT&T SIM in the phone OR your own SIM is fine. "... For the phases 1 to 3, should there be no SIM in the slot?

3. After phase 3 that's it and the phone should work? I'm just asking this, because so many other manuals or much lonher and much more complicated.

4. Restarting iPhone simply means shut off and then on, right? Or anything else?

Thank you for any help
    2007-12-26 01:30 AM
693 ... 2432333435
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD