Yesterday it would, today it won't go into 'Restore Mode'. Is there another way to adopt 'Restore Mode' other than the method I use, which is simultaneously holding down the 'sleep' & 'home' buttons until the Apple (now Pineapple, since Pwnage) sigh appears and the letting go of the 'Sleep' button but continuing to hold the 'home' button? Is there anyway of forcing the restore mode through iTunes? Thanks in advance.
    Snapper11
    2008-05-27 03:17 PM
    Or instead, have the iPhone on, hold the home and power button. When the screen goes black, let go of the power button but keep holding the home button and plug in your iTunes cable.

Hope it helps!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-27 03:24 PM
    Thanks, MattMac,
    Yours are slightly different instructions from the order in which I was doing it. i.e. You start with the phone turned on. I've followed your instructions but it still does not want to go into restore mode. When I do it your way, after initially holding down both buttons, I get the 'slide to turn off' screen, I continue to hold both buttons until the 'slide to turn off' screen starts to fade out. I let go of the sleep or on/off button and continue to hold the home button but the pineapple appears. No matter how long I hold the home button, I cannot get the mad Steve Jobs saying "Restore" in Russian (my new Restore screen) to appear.
    I'll just keep persevering by trying to find another work-around to my problem, but thanks for your help.
    Cheers,
    Snapper11
    2008-05-28 11:17 AM
    Try this?
    [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=kguaW0doMWM]YouTube - iPod Touch/iPhone Recovery Mode[/ame]
    2008-06-04 04:28 AM
    Thanks, MattMac,
    Yours are slightly different instructions from the order in which I was doing it. i.e. You start with the phone turned on. I've followed your instructions but it still does not want to go into restore mode. When I do it your way, after initially holding down both buttons, I get the 'slide to turn off' screen, I continue to hold both buttons until the 'slide to turn off' screen starts to fade out. I let go of the sleep or on/off button and continue to hold the home button but the pineapple appears. No matter how long I hold the home button, I cannot get the mad Steve Jobs saying "Restore" in Russian (my new Restore screen) to appear.
    I'll just keep persevering by trying to find another work-around to my problem, but thanks for your help.
    Cheers,
    Snapper11
    Are you plugging in the iPod cord when you let go of the power button??
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-04 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD