i have an 8Gig jailbroke AT&T phone running 1.1.4 that has worked fine for several months. just out of the blue yesterday i tapped "photos" to show someone a picture i had taken and it goes to the load screen and then crashes back to home........the camera does the same thing. BUT those are the only 2 apps that don't work. man that's weird, what happen?????

now i did kinda find a work-around but i have no idea why it works. if i take a picture using "snapture", then i can access the photos and camera like normal. but once i delete the picture taken by "snapture", it goes back to having the same problem.
    anyone know what happen and how i can fix it?

somebody's gotta know how to fix this. should i add or take something out through SSH?
    Last edited by bmx1; 2008-05-28 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-28 06:37 AM
    you may need to fix permissions. you can easily use boss prefs to set all permissions.
    2008-05-28 04:55 PM
    My GF's iPhone also experiencing crashes with her Photo and Camera application.

I tried installing Snapture and it worked, but as soon as I tried to access the Camera Roll via Snapture, Snapture crashes. In actual fact, it may be Photo application that crashed.

I had tried using Boss Prefs to fix permission, but with no success.

Please help.

-- Vinko
    2008-06-23 06:39 PM
    Just restore the iphone. That will work for sure. Its not an external problem, so its the hardware/software. Just restore it and it should work.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-23 09:43 PM
    Thank you for your suggestion to restore the phone.

Unfortunately, I had already tried restoring the phone, but no luck.
    2008-06-24 05:19 PM
    Thank you for your suggestion to restore the phone.

Unfortunately, I had already tried restoring the phone, but no luck.
    You need to do a DFU Restore:
    1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding both buttons down)
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.
    2008-06-24 05:40 PM
    the reason.... Camera and Photos are crashing is due to the Installer update Version 3.11
    i had the same problem... restored... and camera worked fine... but once i updated the installer it would crash again... just restore it and jailbreak it but dont update the installer and it works fine...

if any body wants to write the installer ppl n let them know that would be great... maybe they could come up with a fix for it....

im running 1.1.3 btw...
    2008-06-25 12:43 PM
    Hey guys I think I might have found a fix for this.
    THis is wha worked for me.
    1.) FIrst off make sure you have cydia instaled.
    2.) Go to the install tab
    3.) Find the AppTapp Installer and install it even though you have it already.
    4.) An error will pop-up, just ignore it and close the window
    5.) NOw try and open up your camera and photos and it should work. (At least it worked for me)
    Now mne is all good again without restoring.
    Hit the thanks button if it worked
    2008-06-25 07:14 PM
    Hey guys I think I might have found a fix for this.
    THis is wha worked for me.
    1.) FIrst off make sure you have cydia instaled.
    2.) Go to the install tab
    3.) Find the AppTapp Installer and install it even though you have it already.
    4.) An error will pop-up, just ignore it and close the window
    5.) NOw try and open up your camera and photos and it should work. (At least it worked for me)
    Now mne is all good again without restoring.
    Hit the thanks button if it worked
    Ah, I really thought you had something with this one, but sadly it didn't work for me. I also tried removing Installer completely, but that also didn't help. How frustrating! Glad you got yours fixed.

Anyone else have anything else they tried that's not listed above (or in other similar threads)?
    2008-06-30 11:43 PM
    i have a 8g iphone 3g
    and my phone worked fine until last night when i downloaded
    3g camera for my phone
    soon after my
    -camera crashed
    -photos crashed
    -ibluetooth crashed
    -mms didnt recieve
    -swirly mms crashed

so then i deletd 3g camera and the updates and rebooted it
    and all my apps still crash

i neeed help

email me at,
    [email protected]
    ,with suggestions
    2009-10-08 08:25 PM
    I have same problem after installing iPhone 3g video from Cydia the morning it was released. i have uninstalled it but my Camera app, Photo app, Qik app, and Streaming content online dont work anymore. when i try to play content from online either only voice comes with Quiktime logo on the screen or it just says media failed to play or could not be played. its also effecting youtube app, theres no picture, only voice with Quicktime logo on the scree. i dont want to do a restore cuz am away from home so a bit afraid i might lose my data from the phone. some1 please help me and others that are effected by this.
    2009-10-11 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD