User Tag List

I am not sure if Google know's this or not, or even if there is a fix for it, but I have noticed some major issues with the Google Maps for the iPhone. It could be their servers, or it could be something else, but the issue must be addressed.

Why when you go to google.com and load the maps on your pc everything works fine, but as soon as you go the iPhone and type in the same exact address or location it gives you a different location in another state?

If no one know's, maybe someone can send Google an email and address the issue....
    2007-11-23 06:03 AM
    it must be on your end because this does not happen to me
    2007-11-23 04:18 PM
    Well it's not always incorrect - sometimes it is, but why is that? If Google Maps online shows one thing, shouldn't it show the same thing on the iPhone?

Also, my friend got the iPhone when it first came out and he said everything use to work fine, however, recently something got switched because Google Maps can no longer locate his address.

There are other people who have noticed similar issues with this too and it is all recently...
    2007-11-23 04:44 PM
    I am certain that the maps.app in the iPhone taps on a different database as compared to the one on the web. Im from Malaysia and the only place i can search for in the maps.app is Kuala Lumpur which is the capital. Any other places (for instance Ampang, Selangor which is where I live) will not yield any results.

Is there a way to make the maps.app to react similarly to the one on the web?
    2007-12-02 04:17 PM
    Well, hopefully this update 1.1.3 with all these new Google features will take care of it.
    2008-01-04 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD