hey all! I want to change the number of icons on my main screen and arrange the order, all that good jazz. From reading posts and looking at apps rSBT is obviously the way to go.

I don't see rSBT in Installer so I manually install version 3.3 from http://code.google.com/p/rsbt/downloads/list. Program starts up fine, I set the dock to 4 and put some different icons in the dock, save, exit, even reboot but nothing changes at all. I try dragging icons all around and saving but nothing changes.

Next I tried all versions from 2.8 to 3.2, same deal.

Next I tried installing the Customize application from Installer. This looks like it has some form of rSBT in it, except setting the number of icons seems to be missing. Using this app I can arange the order of my regular icons or my doc icons but not the number. I can also make them hidden.

At one point I f-ed everything up good and had to use Xlauncher to restore my icons.

How can I get rSBT to save my modifications and be able to change the number of icons on the screen?
    2007-11-23 11:49 PM
    what firmware are you on? rSBT hasn't been updated in months
    2007-11-23 11:54 PM
    Just use customize...rsbt is working inside that....you dont need to download rsbt
    2007-11-23 11:59 PM
    Sorry I should have said I was on 1.1.1 firmware. I have tried Customize (version 1.18 installed via Installer) and I can easily reorder and hide my icons that way. However I see no way to set the number of icons to show on the main screen.

I tried setting some icons to hidden and placing them in the order where I wanted a blank spot but that didnt work either.

Update: I uninstalled Customize 1.18 and installed CustomizeNM 1.13 patched to work on 1.1.1 from this site.
    This version has the number of icons setting and I set it to twelve. I saved my settings, reset the whole phone and Customize kept the settings, however none of the changes show up. Ordering still works but not having 12 icons on the main screen.
    Last edited by pcm2a; 2007-11-24 at 12:20 AM.
    2007-11-24 12:06 AM
    Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to have 12 icons on the first page and 16 on the rest. I should probably force CustomizeNM on 1.1.1 to the Max setting.

Using SMBPrefs, you can turn on Skip Last Row and then have just 12 icons on every page, however.
    2007-11-24 07:57 AM
    Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to have 12 icons on the first page and 16 on the rest. I should probably force CustomizeNM on 1.1.1 to the Max setting.

Using SMBPrefs, you can turn on Skip Last Row and then have just 12 icons on every page, however.
    If you install the BlankSpace app, that would do the trick. Search I think this forum, I had a thread about that app, and someone answered it very well...
    2007-11-24 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD