$50 is a bit much, but I'm sure a free version will pop up soon , and to think I thought caterpillar was expensive .
    who told you is $50? just count your days left. Stop hating
    2008-06-06 03:06 AM
    You can still go back to .95BETA if you install it from an iappcat source.
    2008-06-06 03:31 AM
    Serious, how DARE developers assume they can get PAID for the hundreds of hours of work they do? Don't they know they are our SLAVES and EVERYTHING they do should be free for all of us all the time?
    Hahahhahahahhahahahhaha x100
    If i helped hit Thanks!
    2008-06-06 03:40 AM
    who told you is $50? just count your days left. Stop hating
    Who's the one hating? I read in the first post of this thread, that for something like 6 months support and the full version of the app its $50. I'm just making an inference that a cracked version will most likely be released soon. Why don't you learn how to spell before you go flaming. I have no idea what you meant by "just count your days left?". Is that supposed to be a gangsta term or something? I was never hating on anything, and sorry I can't understand your uneducated reply. Learn how to talk right, because you sound like an idiot. Do you even read a thread before you reply? Obviously if you did, you wouldn't look so stupid right now.

BTW: This is directly from the intelliborn website "$49.99 IntelliScreen 1.x Premium License - With 6 months Support Premium Features including 6 Months Support (please read License Agreement for details)"
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 2008-06-06 at 03:56 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2008-06-06 03:46 AM
    ok, here's my thought on this.
    There are more than 7 million iPhones sold world wide...let' say 2 million jailbroke their iPhones..and about let's say a quarter of them bought the app for 1 dollar... that's 500 thousands people!!! daymn it that's half a million bucks ya talking there... charge $50 ? umm....that's even more benjamins!!... that's greedy and we've been used like squeezed lemon to test that app and give them feedbacks....1 dollars each and we'll happily help them..I've appreciated those that created Installer and have donated to them too ...out of what i consider is worth which is a lot more than i donated( no not 1 dollar) lolz...but for you to charge..start with a buck..it's not a lot..but you have to know there's a lot of us that jailbroke our iphoen and have Installer ...and you're talking not just those in the US but International users of iPhoen too!....so for them to charge that much..screw them...take their app and shove it up their "you know what" ...screww themm...they don't represent our community...
    2008-06-06 03:52 AM
    Boy bro, i feel REALLY sorry fer ya when the App Store comes out. Can wait fer the "OMFG $0.99 for an app?!? BOYCOTT APPLE and APP STORE!!!" threads that I am sure you'll be makin'
    2008-06-06 04:04 AM
    Welcome to the generation of free free free just because it is on a slab of sand. Obviously those that just make up a price they feel the author should charge have never and I mean never run a legit business. Next they'll complain that Red Bull should cost $.25 per can and that a pair of jeans should be free. Please people, get a grip - if you don't want to pay for it, grab the dev kit and build it yourself smartass, violla FREE.
    2008-06-06 04:06 AM
    Intelliscreen will not be available on the App Store. The reason being is that it can't conform to the strict rules of the SDK and can't run in sandbox mode since it's integrated with the lock screen.

EDIT: It's not a point about being free or not. Intelliscreen was offered for free for so long and for them to charge $20 all of a sudden wasn't that smart of a move to make. If you think logically about it, they should have just charged from the beginning; have trial versions such as Kate. I'm not saying that it's to much for them to charge, but I don't value the app that much to pay $20 for it. I'll gladly use iToday for now. I'm glad they decided to give a discount to people who beta tested for them.
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 2008-06-06 at 04:15 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2008-06-06 04:08 AM
    At least it is not subscription based like caterpillar... But $20 for an app that is still buggy seems to be a bit much; $10 is good, $15 is pushing it. Though, to be honest, I'll probably fork it over, as the dev has probably devoted 120% of his time to this app
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-06-06 04:48 AM
    Did I miss something? Someone wants money for their time? Oh the horror...
    2008-06-06 05:15 AM
    i think the dev should be asking money for such a good app and w/ all the time he put into it but 20 is a bit much and i have a simple policy w/ most software... if it costs money... i dont need it! there are usualyy some types of alternatives out there and if there isnt... there isnt! i dont need software that bad....( tho i mite hav 2 change my policy once appstore comes out... depending on what they have to offer)

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!
    2008-06-06 05:17 AM
    i think the dev should be asking money for such a good app and w/ all the time he put into it but 20 is a bit much and i have a simple policy w/ most software... if it costs money... i dont need it! there are usualyy some types of alternatives out there and if there isnt... there isnt! i dont need software that bad....( tho i mite hav 2 change my policy once appstore comes out... depending on what they have to offer)
    This is the reason why innovation is a thing of the past. There is no incentive for anyone to be innovative and come out with a product where people expect it for free or next to nothing. When you are a one or two man team and you code, handle support and have to market - $10 is not enough. If you expand this in to a little company - $10 doesn't keep the lights on.

The author of this app has made a great app. My phone works perfect, through every beta release. Then there are those who just had problem after problem but it was probably attributed to that FREE application you admire and love. You pay for what you get so keep sucking up that free app train while it lasts. Pathetic - simply pathetic.
    2008-06-06 05:28 AM
    This is the reason why innovation is a thing of the past. There is no incentive for anyone to be innovative and come out with a product where people expect it for free or next to nothing. When you are a one or two man team and you code, handle support and have to market - $10 is not enough. If you expand this in to a little company - $10 doesn't keep the lights on.

The author of this app has made a great app. My phone works perfect, through every beta release. Then there are those who just had problem after problem but it was probably attributed to that FREE application you admire and love. You pay for what you get so keep sucking up that free app train while it lasts. Pathetic - simply pathetic.
    but think about all the people who will pay for it! im sure there are more than enough people willing to pay for it and then 10 becomes a lot when hundreds of people buy it! i agree that the author has made a great app but i just think that 20 is a little much for something like software... dont ppl actually do things in life now?...u don't need software to fill your tank w/ gas...or put food on the table... I'm just saying that 20 is a lot, what next, 50? 70?............

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!
    2008-06-06 05:51 AM
    Who's the one hating? I read in the first post of this thread, that for something like 6 months support and the full version of the app its $50. I'm just making an inference that a cracked version will most likely be released soon. Why don't you learn how to spell before you go flaming. I have no idea what you meant by "just count your days left?". Is that supposed to be a gangsta term or something? I was never hating on anything, and sorry I can't understand your uneducated reply. Learn how to talk right, because you sound like an idiot. Do you even read a thread before you reply? Obviously if you did, you wouldn't look so stupid right now.

BTW: This is directly from the intelliborn website "$49.99 IntelliScreen 1.x Premium License - With 6 months Support Premium Features including 6 Months Support (please read License Agreement for details)"
    To make it clear to you your trial version expires in 10 Days. maybe.... why your mad. You can get this app for $15 . Like i said WHO TOLD YOU is $50? or maybe YOU to stupid an will pay $50 for the 6 months Support

Welcome to the generation of free free free just because it is on a slab of sand. Obviously those that just make up a price they feel the author should charge have never and I mean never run a legit business. Next they'll complain that Red Bull should cost $.25 per can and that a pair of jeans should be free. Please people, get a grip - if you don't want to pay for it, grab the dev kit and build it yourself smartass, violla FREE.
    Im with you 100%
    Last edited by DuRo; 2008-06-06 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-06 05:57 AM
    if you can afford a $500 phone then 50 bucks is nothing
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-06-06 06:17 AM
    this is a dumb thread.....

if you buy a $599 phone how can you not buy an app?

why the hell do ppl cry when a devs sale their app?

trust me, if you were that smart you would be doing the same thing..

we should boycott you and all the cry baby's....

Boy bro, i feel REALLY sorry fer ya when the App Store comes out. Can wait fer the "OMFG $0.99 for an app?!? BOYCOTT APPLE and APP STORE!!!" threads that I am sure you'll be makin'
    exactly!
    Last edited by iphonejeff; 2008-06-06 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-06 06:37 AM
    Maker of Intelliscreen is now making people buy the App. $5 for a STRIPPED DOWN VERSION WTF!! or $20 for the full version or $50 if they want 6 months of BS support with it. This is also funny, the version for purchase messes up YouTube and does not have the option to turn off Email and SMS text preview.

https://secure.intelliborn.com/purch...eenLicense.php

BOYCOTT!!!
    Listen MaverickC17, and anyone else complaining about the price for that matter, I've been testing this app for M.C. of Intelliborn since the first release of this program from a private repo. There isn't one thing M hasn't responded to be it question, bug or suggested when I've emailed him. If you paid for the support the man is going to give you tech support like you wouldn't believe. Is 50 bucks expensive, yeah kinda – so don't go buy a video game.

There IS a feature full version for 20 bucks, skip your Starbucks for less than a week and you've paid for it. This app is beyond worth it for some of the features it has alone.

Name me another fully functional notifying program – well there's Kate, but how much is that again, yeah a monthly fee or 50 bucks. No thank you.

Calendar on your lock screen – there's Kate again coming around like some clingly exgirlfriend wanting you to take her out. There's iToday, but it really isn't nearly as nice, let's not kid ourselves people.

An RSS reader that works, and works really well – there's several of those but they all have there issues.

Seriously you're like a little kid who has to go in time out. Go over in the corner, sit for awhile without IntelliScreen and realize how much it's worth, when you're done come back and beg for forgiveness. Then go clean your room, oh, and hey, could you make me a sandwich too? Thanks.

I don't remember who it was but someone said something about randomly charging for the app. Well for the last like five releases there is a notice that the app will cease to function after a certain date. Did you think that was just because M.C was being an a-hole and wasn't going to let you use the app after a certain day ever again or because there was going to be some kind of pricing structure. Let's be honest here for a moment, the dude busted his balls making this app, including things I suggested as I'm sure many of you have, if you don't want it or don't think it is worth it (5 or 15/20 bucks) then don't buy it.
    Last edited by ajustcircle; 2008-06-06 at 08:03 AM. Reason: additional rambling
    2008-06-06 07:51 AM
    ditto what ajustcircle said
    2008-06-06 08:13 AM
    Get over the price! How do you make your money? I bet people don't expect you to do it for free.
    This is how they make their money! Not everything in life is free. When was the last thing you did for free?

The $50 version is no different to the the $20 one, just with support. And there is a $5 basic one which will work fine for those who don't wanna pay the full amount.
    Also, if you buy the $20 one and helped with the beta, there is a $5 discount.

I bet you wont go into work tomorrow and say, "I's ok, you don't have to pay me today!"
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-06 08:44 AM
    I am in the mid-agreement with you here, but at the same time working for software development company I have more realistic view.
    First of all, the price of the product must match market expectations. Second of all, you are talking about innovation and functionality.
    Functionality wise, if you compare this application to any other at similiar price range - there is no functionality in it. Take the price you pay for Leopard, take the price you pay for Windows. Take the price you pay for MS Office - and the 50$ application which has just "several" lines of code, looks kinda funny.
    Ah, yes you mentioned about that hard time spending on development. Well, that's life. That's what you get paid for. Now from marketing perspective, if you charge less, you have more sales and you make more money. It's all about market positioning of the product.
    At the same time Intelliborn must realize, than no "we take no responsibility and we give no warranty whatsoever" is valid anymore for a product that you sell. Yes, you are actually selling a product that you WILL take responsibility for.

Anyther thing to talk about is the updates. As I see the updates are included only with support. I am supposed to pay 50$ now for app, with support and updates, when the company clearly state that they "may not support" it. Come on.

There are so many developers now that produce a toy application and calling it "a product" and expecting to you to pay big money for nothing.

All that just leaves a sour taste in my mouth seeing that someone sniffed opportunity of making a quick buck, but not being sure about lifetime or the product.

Get a grip, if you expect someone to shell out 50$ for the "product", don't deliver a half-arsed toy.
    Last edited by piranha; 2008-06-06 at 02:26 PM.
    2008-06-06 02:23 PM
65 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD