"Sup my name is apple corp. and i don't like to release stuff...2.0 MAY come out June 28th,Jully 11th,or December 2100...we don't know...so yeah,it has really,REALLY cool stuff...BUT there's a catch,YOU CANT DOWNLOAD IT...aww man i'm using Exchange right now...so cool,too bad you can't...SUPER FRICKIN MONKEY BALL IS AWESOME..but umm,yeah,you can't have it...till umm whenev...you know the deal"

im tired of all this B.S..."hypothetically" could i just download the latest beta firmware from a torrent site and start using Exchange and Appstore with installer for 2.0...and is the Appstore working if i do torrent the 2.0 file?...what's the dealio with the "underground" release for developers?
    2008-06-16 01:44 AM
    No the 2.0 beta firmware does not have the appstore with all the downloads. Also, the only way you can apply the firmware to your phone if your not a registered developer is if you use a mac to pwn your phone and the firmware.
    2008-06-16 01:50 AM
    Here's how to solve your problem: Don't read any tech blogs or forums. Then you will only know about new software when it's released. There's no point going on the net to read leaked reports of new products and software then complaining that it's not available immediately.

And, if you need to ask if you can 'just install' 2.0, then you can't
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-06-16 01:56 AM
    No the 2.0 beta firmware does not have the appstore with all the downloads. Also, the only way you can apply the firmware to your phone if your not a registered developer is if you use a mac to pwn your phone and the firmware.
    so...is it available with some type of the betaware?

Here's how to solve your problem: Don't read any tech blogs or forums. Then you will only know about new software when it's released. There's no point going on the net to read leaked reports of new products and software then complaining that it's not available immediately.

And, if you need to ask if you can 'just install' 2.0, then you can't

I don't need to read it on the forums:Apple - iPhone - Software Update

apple seems to be doing a damn good job of doing it themself
    Last edited by slavinator26; 2008-06-16 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-16 02:23 PM
    "Sup my name is apple corp. and i don't like to release stuff...2.0 MAY come out June 28th,Jully 11th,or December 2100...we don't know...so yeah,it has really,REALLY cool stuff...BUT there's a catch,YOU CANT DOWNLOAD IT...aww man i'm using Exchange right now...so cool,too bad you can't...SUPER FRICKIN MONKEY BALL IS AWESOME..but umm,yeah,you can't have it...till umm whenev...you know the deal"

im tired of all this B.S..."hypothetically" could i just download the latest beta firmware from a torrent site and start using Exchange and Appstore with installer for 2.0...and is the Appstore working if i do torrent the 2.0 file?...what's the dealio with the "underground" release for developers?
    Haha.

AppStore "should" be out by the end of June, but it will definately be live by July 11th. To answer your question, even if you had a handset running one of the 2.0 beta firmwares you still wouldn't have AppStore access because it hasn't gone live yet.
    2008-06-17 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD