The iPhone's camera lacks of an important feature, that is a self timer and also maybe the ability to take periodic photos to somehow supplement for the absent of video camera feature?

Anyone interested in making such an app?
    2007-12-06 06:32 AM
    bump, anyone that knows how to use objective c help! This would be an amazing idea! I am willing to contribute and learn c to help
    2007-12-07 09:30 AM
    Ok, I am reading about gcc, Obj C and all stuff required to create native app. Hope I will get somewhere. Given the source code of World (iApp-a-day), I suppose this should not be very hard. But I have to go over all the above stuff first.
    2007-12-07 01:03 PM
    Ok, I am reading about gcc, Obj C and all stuff required to create native app. Hope I will get somewhere. Given the source code of World (iApp-a-day), I suppose this should not be very hard. But I have to go over all the above stuff first.
    i've been looking into it myself, i installed the toolchain and tried compiling a test app and got stuck there...

anyway! point of the story is, if there's anything i can do to help let me know i'm a quick learner, but i know 0 C
    2007-12-08 07:50 AM
    im working on a camera.app replacement with video functionality.. still testing the video stuff but a timer for the camera could be a feature to add to the camera .
    2007-12-08 10:46 AM
    Video would be the (.)(.)'s!

Jayman
    2007-12-09 12:37 AM
    @drunknbass: I can't wait till your camera.app comes out. Could you make it record while the phone is sleeping? That way would save lots of battery.
    @ybahman: this helps you build the toolchain automatically on Windows. I am trying it out
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....gwin+toolchain
    2007-12-09 06:16 AM
    @drunknbass: I can't wait till your camera.app comes out. Could you make it record while the phone is sleeping? That way would save lots of battery.
    @ybahman: this helps you build the toolchain automatically on Windows. I am trying it out
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....gwin+toolchain
    thanks i was using that but just ran into a small problem.

ANYWAY Drunkbadass how are you going about making this app?
    2007-12-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD