Hey when i install Boss Prefs it always just crahses back to the home screen, no matter how many times i open it. I downloaded it, hid customize and everything like it told me to, restarted my iphone, and it still doesnt work help?
    iLive an iLife
    2007-12-09 04:40 AM
    maybe its sad cause netservices is better than it?
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2007-12-09 06:55 AM
    Is there a difference between the various apps like iToggle, NetServices, Services, BossPrefs, etc? Or are they all pretty much based on the same underlying code structure?
    2007-12-09 07:33 AM
    maybe its sad cause netservices is better than it?
    Lol yeah maybe its a sign to not use it
    iLive an iLife
    2007-12-09 08:18 AM
    Hey when i install Boss Prefs it always just crahses back to the home screen, no matter how many times i open it.
    Can you give me some details about your phone configuration such as what you are running (iphone/touch) and what version? Also at what point does it crash? Did you by chance make sure that the executable is +x in the /Applications/BossPrefs.app folder?
    2007-12-09 09:17 AM
    Can you give me some details about your phone configuration such as what you are running (iphone/touch) and what version? Also at what point does it crash? Did you by chance make sure that the executable is +x in the /Applications/BossPrefs.app folder?
    i have a just jailbroken iPhone running 1.1.1, and when i try to open it, it just shows the background for about 2 seconds and then goes back to the main screen. I didnt think to check the executable cuz i thot it was good to go since its form installer but ill check, thanks

:edit: umm....how do i do that? lol, i didnt see a executabe program or file or anything
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2007-12-09 at 08:10 PM.
    iLive an iLife
    2007-12-09 09:55 AM
    i have a just jailbroken iPhone running 1.1.1, and when i try to open it, it just shows the background for about 2 seconds and then goes back to the main screen. I didnt think to check the executable cuz i thot it was good to go since its form installer but ill check, thanks

:edit: umm....how do i do that? lol, i didnt see a executabe program or file or anything
    If you got it out of my sleepers.net repository (http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml) it should be ok. I updated it today. Maybe try uninstalling it and reinstalling it? You can check executable flags with mobile finder or with term vt100 using ls -l command.

BigBoss
    2007-12-10 10:44 AM
    If you got it out of my sleepers.net repository (http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml) it should be ok. I updated it today. Maybe try uninstalling it and reinstalling it? You can check executable flags with mobile finder or with term vt100 using ls -l command.

BigBoss
    Works like a charm, thanks for the update and great program!
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2007-12-10 at 07:49 PM.
    iLive an iLife
    2007-12-10 07:29 PM
    I've installed v1.41 and noticed that my battery life has deteriorated significantly. It's either SMSNotify or boss prefs, but since i've eliminated all traces of SMSNotify and the battery effects remain, i'm guessing it's boss prefs. i've also checked the SSH settings (set to off, and verified on UICTL) and am running on v1.1.2. Is anyone else experiencing this type of problem? I didn't notice any effects on battery when i was running boss prefs v1.3
    2008-01-07 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD