so i wasnt paying attention to what i was doing last night and accidently added bosspref's icon to the bosspref/poof hidden icon list.
    Even uninstalling/reinstalling bosspref's wont fix the problem. When i reinstall it the icon is there, as soon as i use the software and exit, it dissapears again.

any ideas? thanks.
    2008-07-03 10:38 PM
    Hey there, I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago, darwin award?

anyways, the fix if i remember i came up with was to delete all apps pertaining to the problem, bossprefs, poof (if u manually installed). Then use a FTP program to login to your phone (root, alpine) and delete the folders "BigBoss" and "Bossprefs" in /Library. Then just restart your phone and reinstall the apps, should be fixed
    2008-07-03 11:01 PM
    Then use a FTP program to login to your phone (root, alpine) and delete the folders "BigBoss" and "Bossprefs" in /Library. Then just restart your phone and reinstall the apps, should be fixed
    im stupid, got a link on how to do this?
    2008-07-03 11:08 PM
    Well i'm not on my laptop with the software to step you through it exactly, but Go here

FileZilla - Client Download

and download filezilla and install it.

Then open up filezilla, go to File, then like site manager, something like that. Then a window should pop up asking you information, type in the ip address of your iphone in "host", the user should be "root" and password "alpine". Make sure the servertype is SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol. Try leaving the port blank, but if not put 21 if it doesn't connect on the first try. Go ahead and click connect and it should load up the root directory of your iphone, and then you can proceed to do what i told you to do in my previous post.

If you don't know how to get the ip address of your iphone, you need to go to the settings app and look in the wireless tab. I hope this helps, good luck!
    2008-07-04 01:44 AM
    it will let me login using normal FTP but not SSH. I cant find the directories although i can see them using 'mobilefinder' installed on the phone. (mobilefinder wont let me delete them)

any further ideas?
    2008-07-04 03:09 AM
    so i wasnt paying attention to what i was doing last night and accidently added bosspref's icon to the bosspref/poof hidden icon list.
    Even uninstalling/reinstalling bosspref's wont fix the problem. When i reinstall it the icon is there, as soon as i use the software and exit, it dissapears again.

any ideas? thanks.
    ok, here is what you have to do:

1. Download SSH software to browse your iphone.
    A) WinSCP For Windows
    B) Fugu For Mac or CyberDuck For Mac

2. Download OpenSSH to your iPhone through Installer.app under System Category (you'll also need BSDSubsystem). Reboot your phone after install.

3. In your iPhone Open Settings/Wi-Fi/Tap the arrow in your network and remember the IP Address.
    4. In your computer open the ssh browser and open a new connection, write down your iPhone's IP Address, entry root in the user field and alpine in the password field. (you'll be prompted for the password later if you are using fugu) [if this is the first time you SSH you phone, it's gonna take a few seconds maybe 40 o 50 to connect. sometimes you fail the first time, so try again].
    5. Browse the applications folder enter in BossPrefs.app folder.
    6. Download the info.plist
    7. Open the info.plist in your computer with the property text editor or any xml editor.
    8. You're gonna see SBAppTags and the number 0 under it with the String hidden. Then save it.
    9. Change the hidden String to visible.
    10. Rename the info.plist in you iPhone to info.plist.bak.
    11. Upload the recently edited info.plist to the same location in you iPhone.
    12. Reboot you iPhone, when it turn back on you'll see the BossPrefs in you home screen.

If you have any problem with any step send me a private letting me know the problem and your computer operative system (windows or mac), and i'll do a tuto with pictures more clear.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ
    2008-07-04 03:47 AM
    thanks. i edit the file then reboot the phone but it switches straight back to hidden for some reason.
    2008-07-04 04:18 AM
    thanks. i edit the file then reboot the phone but it switches straight back to hidden for some reason.
    Can you use it?
    Try open it and the use poof to switch it visible
    Or try installing poof directly from installer
    Last edited by GHOSTYAIRO; 2008-07-04 at 04:24 AM.
    2008-07-04 04:22 AM
    nope, icon dissapears like it was before
    2008-07-04 04:25 AM
    nope, icon dissapears like it was before
    install iphonehome and set to open bossprefs with doubletap to the home button
    2008-07-04 04:26 AM
    install iphonehome and set to open bossprefs with doubletap to the home button
    i can live without it itll sort itself out in a few weeks when 2.0 comes out.

thanks for your help tho!
    2008-07-04 04:32 AM
    the last thing you can do is replace the com.apple.springboard.plist
    under /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ if you moved your apps with bosstool
    or /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/ if not.
    erase the one is there and upload this one.
    Attached Files
    2008-07-04 04:37 AM
    righto, i mixed both of your advice together, stirred it a couple of times and resolved my problem.

logged in using winSCP, deleted both bosspref directories under /private/var/mobile/Library then rebooted, reinstalled bossprefs and im away laughing.

thanks for your help guys
    2008-07-04 05:15 AM
    glad to help u dude
    2008-07-04 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD