Love the smsd application. I wish that i had this during the holidays when i was trying to text multiple friends at one time to tell happy holidays to. The backup to email feature is excellent.
    2008-01-10 10:10 AM
    I put new beta app on my phone. It had 3 files, one Mobile sms and SMSD app. plust demon luncher. I put Mobilesms.app and smsd.app in my application folder and demon luncher in the Library folder. Now i don't have a native sms app, and smsd won't load at all

I really need help, i don't have sms and i don't want to restore
    Last edited by xplod4202; 2008-01-11 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-11 05:22 AM
    @xplod4202,

Find the original native MobileSMS.app from original applications in download section on this lovely site and put it in back in the /Applications folder on your iPhone.

to continue with SMSd, inside the SMSd's MobileSMS.app there is SMSDhelper. Copy it to the inside of original MobileSMS.app in your phone (don't replace the MobileSMS.app).

Hope this helps.
    2008-01-12 12:25 PM
    Thanks, but i had to restore any way for a different reason. Bus is any one else having problems with the beta version?
    2008-01-12 09:59 PM
    Suggestion: add the two buttons on the top for call and contact info as in default mobilesms.app and add a trash box so we can restore a deleted message if we delete it by mistake.
    thanks

thanks
    2008-01-13 09:04 AM
    Can't wait till 0.2.2!
    2008-01-17 07:36 AM
    news about new release??

news about new release??
    Last edited by juanito979; 2008-01-22 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-22 10:54 PM
    It would also be nice when we are in the view of text message subjects if we could swipe our finger across the text message and that would bring up the delete dialog box(like mail.app). That way it would integrate better and work the same way as with the rest of the iphone based apps, such as with MAIL.
    2008-01-23 01:02 AM
    So when is 0.2.2 coming?
    2008-01-24 09:04 AM
    would like to check after i downloaded the zip file am i suppose to replace the MobileSMS folder from the zip file onto my phone?
    2008-01-26 08:10 AM
    Hi Amrut,
    Thanks fror the wonderful application. I have been using it for over a month and works great for me.

Just wanted to add that can you not enable the receving of masked SMS (Ones that are received from Banks, etc).

I am currently on V1.0.2

Thanks again
    2008-01-28 01:36 PM
    i cant seem to get it working on 1.1.3 any advice?
    2008-01-30 05:57 AM
    is anyone experiencing when u view messages in conversation and go back to the home screen the iphone freezes completely? on iphone 1.1.2

and another problem that it freezes in the middle of sending however if i press the home button i can exit it!!! it sits 5 minutes stuck in the middle when i want to send!!! i went back to the previous version!! please can u fix it and if u could add a delete all function in the conversation view if u like the default sms application so if we want to delete a certain set of sms by the same person by one click and not deleting them one by one!!! thx
    Last edited by at004; 2008-01-31 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-31 09:56 PM
    Just wanted to add that can you not enable the receving of masked SMS (Ones that are received from Banks, etc).

I am currently on V1.0.2

Thanks again
    Upgrade to 1.1.2, where this problem is resolved. It's firmware problem, only fixed by firmware upgrade.

i cant seem to get it working on 1.1.3 any advice?
    It's not compatible with 1.1.3 and since they have changed the database a lot, do not expect it to be fixed soon.
    I checked and Amrut will need to find a new way of accessing the database.
    Last edited by piranha; 2008-01-31 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-31 10:15 PM
    Hello,

I'm a quite long time user of the SMSD software, that is in my opinion the best MSM manager for the Iphone.

I'v upgraded my Iphone to 1.1.3, and in te same time I have upgraded my SMSD in 0.2.1 version.

From this time, I have quite strange behaviour in the SMSD application (note that I have tested in 0.2.2.it's exactely the same...) :

- when I go on my Inbox, I can see the unread messages (in red), and when I read them they come in black. If I go back on my springboard and I come in the SMSD application there are again in red...

- the same for deleting the messages : in the application SMSD they appear as deleted, but if I jump on my springboard and come back, threr are still there...

It's like if SMSD could not really "write" on the SMS database...

The standard SMS application works fine (if we can say), on this it's possible to read and to delete de the messages without any problem..

I've tried to install the 0.2.2 manually through winscr, I applied the 0755 rights (also recursively) to the SMSD and MobileSMS folders, but this does not change anything...

Any idea would be welcome because like this (withour the erase function and withour marking the readed sms as read) it's quite difficult to use it in an efficient way ;-S !

So thanks in advance if you have any suggestion !
    2008-02-02 12:03 AM
    <snip>
    I'v upgraded my Iphone to 1.1.3, and in te same time I have upgraded my SMSD in 0.2.1 version.
    <snip>

It's like if SMSD could not really "write" on the SMS database...

<snip>
    As mentioned several times, SMSD is not compatible with 1.1.3
    Yes, you are right it can't "write" the database, and in some cases it may damage the database.
    Therefore do not use SMSD on 1.1.3.
    2008-02-02 12:14 AM
    As mentioned several times, SMSD is not compatible with 1.1.3
    Yes, you are right it can't "write" the database, and in some cases it may damage the database.
    Therefore do not use SMSD on 1.1.3.
    OK sorry this seems clear for you but I did not find this info ...

Thanks for your answer, so I will come back on the standard SMS application but will wait on one new SMSD version that will work with the 1.1.3 !!

Thanks again for your answer, and BRAVO once again for this really nice application !
    2008-02-02 09:57 AM
    is anyone experiencing when u view messages in conversation and go back to the home screen the iphone freezes completely? on iphone 1.1.2

and another problem that it freezes in the middle of sending however if i press the home button i can exit it!!! it sits 5 minutes stuck in the middle when i want to send!!!
    2008-02-03 11:08 AM
    I'm now a 1.1.3 user - so my first 'want' would be to get it working on 1.1.3!

The only thing that bugged me when using it on 1.1.1 was that I had to actually open each message before I could delete it.
    I dont know if this has been mentioned in the last 10 pages or so?
    It would be nice if I could delete them from the message preview - or even something like Nokia have when you can mark messages for deletion and then delete them all at once?

Brilliant app though - cant wait for it to work on 1.1.3
    2008-02-03 04:10 PM
    SMSD-v0.2.3beta1 working just great under 1.1.3.
    Now it's my default SMS application.
    2008-02-04 02:47 PM
232 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD