I don't know about you guys but I have yet to figure out what Installers frickin problem is when installing sometimes. I am sure you guys have run into it before, "the kick back to main screen while installing" frickin crap.

I thought I had figured it out, too many programs most be installed, so I uninstall some. Bam, I am able to install another program or update one more program. However, today I see a lot of new java stuff I hadn't seen and want to install them(how frickin cool is that, java on iphone now). They are big file though, so I am going to need to delete some programs to be able to do this(which is horse crap in the first place). Must have deleted 20MBs of stuff and the java stuff I wanted was only totaling like 11MBs.

So I go to install and no success. It has kicked me back to main screen and has left me confused on what the **** Installer's problem is. Is it size, it is number of programs, is it weather temp?

Anyone more clued in on this then I am? Thanks
    2007-12-23 10:15 PM
    Try to empty your Network Trash Folder with MobileFinder
    2007-12-23 10:26 PM
    Thanks, in the process of doin that but I can't seem to get Finder installed through installer,lol. I should be able to access the network trash folder though WinSCP right?

EDIT: Where might that folder be located? Thanks
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-12-23 at 10:40 PM.
    2007-12-23 10:36 PM
    Yes
    or
    Attached Files
    2007-12-23 10:40 PM
    Ah man, I can't handle it anymore. Won't let me install Finder through SSH,lol. Says out of disk space. I only have 32MBs worth of programs under applications and over a GB disk.

Do you know where the trash folder is located?
    2007-12-23 10:48 PM
    I use this guide to free up disk spaces.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...g+applications
    2007-12-23 11:04 PM
    Delete some songs if you need space. I doubt you listen to all your songs every day or even every week.
    2007-12-24 12:23 AM
    Where is this network trash folder? I'm running into the same issue.
    2007-12-24 12:45 AM
    However, today I see a lot of new java stuff I hadn't seen and want to install them(how frickin cool is that, java on iphone now).
    What new java stuff is out? I didnt see any. Maybe I need to add another installer source?

Thanks

I think, someone correct me if its wrong, but its in /var/root/library/caches

I read on HackintOsh, http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...117#post156117 that a app is already in developement to fix this problem with deleting items in the network trash folder. Should be ready very soon.
    Last edited by mcgill4; 2007-12-24 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-24 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD