Reading this thread in hind sight, I bricked my test phone last night (purposely) & got the same error when trying to restore (& no, I wouldn't restore 1.1.x as I have knowledge of the baseband & framework upgrade).

The interesting way to get it out of Brick is to restore the 2.1 Beta with XCode.

It sends over the whole boot sequence, RAM disk, baseband & filesystem.
    2008-07-27 10:42 AM
    Not sure if this will work, but get winpwn, create your own firmware file, and try restoring to that?

whoops for some reason I didn't notice all the pages.. gah. Please ignore/delete
    2008-07-28 08:56 PM
    sorry to bring this back to the top, but I just had scary few seconds.

I have a 3g and am just updating to 2.0.1. When it first started, I got the pineapple logo and then that Steve Jobs russian image came up. Luckily it changed to the apple logo (which its currently on now, doing the update)

Was rather worrying for a second. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of why it comes up?
    2008-08-06 12:38 AM
    When you update the firmware it rewrite over the old custom logos with the original apple ones. It is just booting as it normally would, you just used pwnage
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)
    2008-08-06 05:22 AM
    don't worry, i was in your same shoes the other week and got the same error in itunes. i desperately took my phone to the apple store and the guy i talked to also had a jailbroken iphone. its a lot more simple then you guys are making it. the problem is you have it set to M for mini when it should be set to W for wumbo ,i wumbo. you wumbo. he- she- me... wumbo. wumbo; wumboing; we'll have thee wumbo; wumborama; wumbology; the study of wumbo. it's first grade
    2008-09-23 08:21 AM
    3g can not be unlocked at this stage. try DFU mode
    2008-09-23 11:16 AM
    ill buy your broken iphone for 200 bucks
    2008-09-23 04:45 PM
167 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD