I love the battery features but Auto-lock and auto-dim aren't work!
    2008-01-15 09:32 AM
    hey, now i installed the extended preferences file, the very next day my settings icon just deleted off of my springboard out of nowhere... have no idea how that could have happened, then i went into my finder to see if my preferences.app folder was there which it was, but by mistake i deleted it, that sux... now if someone can help me out with a walkthrough or something to get my settings menu back i would appreciate it very much, or also provide me with the preferences.app file for me to download and see if i can get that back onto my iphone, please without that i cannot change my ringtones, brightness or anything
    2008-01-15 06:15 PM
    MMi is back - and I need help!

Installed this app this morning. All is well and good. I then installed some OTHER "Preferences" hack...don't laugh, k? Anyway, when I uninstalled the other one, IT DELETED THE ENTIRE PREFERENCES.APP!

Now, since this app made a backup, I'm able to get it back by manually copying it over to the right folder, settings the perms, and restarting Springboard. BUT, there's still an option in installer.app for me to uninstall this, which won't work of course (I get a main script execution error), and I can't re-install this since MMi is the only source it's on.

SO: how do I uninstall/reinstall this app, so I can get it back?

My thought: Since the "advanced preferences" app is showing as installed on my iPhone, but it's not (since I had to restore from the backup it made), I can't uninstall it (gets a script error.) SO, I should be able to get the MMi repo source, grab the relevant section for the install/uninstall for that particular app, then create my own "uninstall" repo that contains ONLY the section for the uninstall. I then create a fake app, which will contain both the uninstall for itself, AND for the "advanced preferences" app. I should then be able to go in, uninstall it, and everything should be back to "stock".

Sound like a workable plan? Or does someone have a better idea? Any help is appreciated! Wont be able to do anything 'till I get off work tonight anyway...
    2008-01-15 06:50 PM
    hey, now i installed the extended preferences file, the very next day my settings icon just deleted off of my springboard out of nowhere... have no idea how that could have happened, then i went into my finder to see if my preferences.app folder was there which it was, but by mistake i deleted it, that sux... now if someone can help me out with a walkthrough or something to get my settings menu back i would appreciate it very much, or also provide me with the preferences.app file for me to download and see if i can get that back onto my iphone, please without that i cannot change my ringtones, brightness or anything
    i am having the same problem my settings icon just deleted & i cant get it back & when i try to delete the extended preferences app all i get is "main script execution failed" can anyone help me get back my settings icon
    2008-01-15 06:51 PM
    i had the same problem. I hold the sleep/home button untill it restarted my phone, then I went to uninstall again and it did. I hope it works for you too!
    2008-01-15 07:17 PM
    Hi, i installed today the application Extended Preferences (Will Strafach) and the settings icon it's now missing..... how i can restore it ?
    I couldn't unistall Extended Preferences i'm getting (ERROR: Main Script execution failed!) the icon still missing..... My iphone F it's 1.1.2
    Please help me.
    Thanks
    2008-01-15 08:13 PM
    uninstalled completed but battery bar still able to switch from regular to number, auto-lock not working at all.

Are the back up files in the Applications/Preferences.app folder?
    If so all I have to do is rename the **.oldprefs to **.plist right?

Brightness.oldprefs
    General.oldprefs
    International.oldprefs
    Keyboard .oldprefs
    Network.oldprefs
    Reset.oldprefs
    Settings-iPhone.oldprefs
    Settings-iPod.oldprefs
    Sounds.oldprefs
    Touch.oldprefs
    2008-01-15 08:28 PM
    Basically the same problem u guys have....the settings icon disapper and every time i put the backup in the application folder...i get the icon back but when i try to open it....after 10 sec send me back to te springboard....
    then i go to the installer n try to unistalled it it gime the script error and the icon dessapear as well as the Preferences.app folder.....
    I really hope there someone out there that know how to fix this...A.S.A.P.

Thanks
    2008-01-15 08:39 PM
    I installed this on my 1.1.1 phone, loaded it up to see what it did, didn't make any changes. Noticed that my time was then stuck on 9:42AM. I said, screw this, and went to uninstall it. Gave me the script failure error. I forced a reboot by holding sleep and home buttons, uninstalled it, but the time is still stuck on 9:42AM. I tried to reinstall and then uninstall, but the app has already been pulled.

Any ideas on how to fix this static time issue?
    2008-01-15 08:52 PM
    Basically the same problem u guys have....the settings icon disapper and every time i put the backup in the application folder...i get the icon back but when i try to open it....after 10 sec send me back to te springboard....
    then i go to the installer n try to unistalled it it gime the script error and the icon dessapear as well as the Preferences.app folder.....
    I really hope there someone out there that know how to fix this...A.S.A.P.

Thanks
    I was able to restore the Preferences.app from the backup, set the correct permissions on the folder, and had to manually restart Springboard for it to work. That still leaves the installer.app uninstall entry, but I should be able to remove that manually later this evening.

djmallon: I do not have the static time issue.
    2008-01-15 11:49 PM
    Could you give me like step to step...im sorry for being anoying but if you could tell more in detail i will really appreciated.....
    thank you
    2008-01-16 12:05 AM
    Could you give me like step to step...im sorry for being anoying but if you could tell more in detail i will really appreciated.....
    thank you

I was able to restore the Preferences.app from the backup, set the correct permissions on the folder, and had to manually restart Springboard for it to work. That still leaves the installer.app uninstall entry, but I should be able to remove that manually later this evening.

djmallon: I do not have the static time issue.

Thank you i could get it to work....i just cant see my career and if you know how to manually unistalled that will be awesome...
    Last edited by hugodra; 2008-01-16 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-16 12:47 AM
    On the top of the first post, I posted a temp fix for the fake time/carrier issue.
    2008-01-16 01:54 AM
    I am also experiencing the "mainscript error" and can't uninstall even after reinstalling BSD. I have learned to be patient with new apps and such but I do hope there is fix for this problem.
    2008-01-16 02:08 AM
    I need help! I installed this but can not uninstall it due to the main script error. After a springboard reboot, the settings icon had complete disappeared. I uploaded the backup pref.app file, but when I open the Settings icon, it loads a blank page and returns me to SB after 10-15 seconds. What can I do to fix the problem?
    2008-01-16 02:30 AM
    I need help! I installed this but can not uninstall it due to the main script error. After a springboard reboot, the settings icon had complete disappeared. I uploaded the backup pref.app file, but when I open the Settings icon, it loads a blank page and returns me to SB after 10-15 seconds. What can I do to fix the problem?
    DOWNLOAD TERM V100
    TYPE EXACTLY THIS WITH CAPITAL LETTERS AND EVERYTHING
    chmod -R a+x /Applications/*
    THEN TURN OFF IPHONE
    IT SHOULD WORK HOWEVER/BUT DONT TRY TO UNISTALL THE EXP...SETTING APP...OTHERWISE U HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN...IM WORKIN IN UNISTALL IT MANUALLY
    2008-01-16 03:10 AM
    DOWNLOAD TERM V100
    TYPE EXACTLY THIS WITH CAPITAL LETTERS AND EVERYTHING
    chmod -R a+x /Applications/*
    THEN TURN OFF IPHONE
    IT SHOULD WORK HOWEVER/BUT DONT TRY TO UNISTALL THE EXP...SETTING APP...OTHERWISE U HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN...IM WORKIN IN UNISTALL IT MANUALLY
    It worked! I can get into Settings once again. The list has reverted to the Blackwolf 1.3 version of Extended Setting, I did have it installed before but removed it before installing this version. Is that normal?
    2008-01-16 03:39 AM
    Well, I grabbed the relevant info from the RemotePackages.plist file, and the uninstall deletes the Preferences.app, and then is supposed to copy over the "backup" it makes. So, since I'm able to manually do that, what I'm trying to do now is force it to reinstall. The ZIP file is still out there; I grabbed it from the URL available in the plist file as well.

So, what I'd LIKE to do is manually delete the relevant info out of the installer.app RemotePackages.plist and LocalPackages.plist, so that it doesn't show as installed, and so then I can go back and reinstall it, turn off the options I don't want (the battery thing is minor, but still), and then hopefully uninstall it properly. Which I've done; it doesn't show up, BUT the package is no longer available to install from the MMi repo. So, I can't do a reinstall/uninstall.

The ZIP file to install it is still available, so perhaps someone can throw together a new install repo, so we can try to successfully uninstall it?

edit: OK, took another stab at creating a repository to do it myself; got the info from the plist file, and stuck it in an XML file on the web. BUT, just like before, I can't get my repository to work. The XML *looks* right, but nothing shows up.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2008-01-16 at 04:09 AM.
    2008-01-16 03:56 AM
    Hey all,

There are a numerous amount of bugs, so p_f and I decided that we should pull it from the source for the time being, then it can be put back up once I work out all of these bugs.

Thank you for your patience!
    2008-01-16 04:23 AM
    King, can you post the original preference for us all so we can unistall your program for now and them put it back to normal , I have lost my Date on the front screen now it says ECHO
    Please post the correct preference and how it install if you can till you work out the bugs
    I use firmware 1.12

Thanks
    2008-01-16 05:17 AM
152 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD