When running ./mysql_install_db (from the mysql package found at MySQL and php | CoreOS - iPhoneUnix), I got the error:
    "FATAL ERROR Didn't find /var/root/mysql//libexec/mysqld
    You should do a 'make install' before executing this script
    "
    (And before that I got an error:
    "./mysql_install_db: line 118: my_print_defaults: command not found")
    I'm thinking /var/root/mysql//libexec/mysqld should be /varr/root/mysql/libexec/mysqld (drop the second '/' in mysql//libexec), but for some reason, I don't think editing the installer is a good idea unless necessary. I'm following THIS tutorial. I've already had to do a number of chmod's on the installer. I'm almost feeling I should get another mysql package, because this one looks very poorly done.
    P.S. I tried 'make install ./...' but it said sh: make: command not found. I didn't expect it to work...
    2008-07-24 09:17 PM
    When running ./mysql_install_db (from the mysql package found at MySQL and php | CoreOS - iPhoneUnix), I got the error:
    "FATAL ERROR Didn't find /var/root/mysql//libexec/mysqld
    You should do a 'make install' before executing this script
    "
    (And before that I got an error:
    "./mysql_install_db: line 118: my_print_defaults: command not found")
    I'm thinking /var/root/mysql//libexec/mysqld should be /varr/root/mysql/libexec/mysqld (drop the second '/' in mysql//libexec), but for some reason, I don't think editing the installer is a good idea unless necessary. I'm following THIS tutorial. I've already had to do a number of chmod's on the installer. I'm almost feeling I should get another mysql package, because this one looks very poorly done.
    P.S. I tried 'make install ./...' but it said sh: make: command not found. I didn't expect it to work...
    Any chance you got this working mate???

I chmod mysql_install_db to 755 but no luck,so i have given up for now
    2008-07-25 02:39 AM
    no, no progress... I havn't realy tried anymore today. I was waiting for some suggestions.
    2008-07-25 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD