Hey guys

I'm running an unlocked Iphone which has been upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and then finally updated this week to 1.1.2

The phone is running on a T-mobile contract and has been pretty much problem free.... I've been running YouTube, The Web etc no probs

Now that I have done the update, the Edge logo has vanished, I have a white square in its place and on some screens its blue...

Now the web still works no problem, as does email... but YouTube now says I need an Edge connection or Wifi to work...

I have the correct settings in so what has changes from the update of 1.1.2 from 1.1.1?

Any help please

Anyone help with this?
    Last edited by Kuffdam; 2008-01-17 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-17 10:25 AM
    Now that I have done the update, the Edge logo has vanished, I have a white square in its place and on some screens its blue...

Now the web still works no problem, as does email... but YouTube now says I need an Edge connection or Wifi to work...
    As of 1.1.2, the iPhone now differentiates EDGE vs GPRS. If you have the E, you have EDGE. If not, you have just GPRS. That's the difference.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-17 05:37 PM
    try downloading the edge fix and fix youtube tweaks from installer
    2008-01-18 12:21 AM
    try downloading the edge fix and fix youtube tweaks from installer
    Do *not* do that. EDGE Fix is explicitly for 1.1.1. Youtube activation is part of 1.1.2 jailbreak. It sounds like you may be on tzones which is GPRS and may not allow youtube.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-18 05:32 AM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25985
    Last edited by macky801; 2008-01-18 at 06:48 AM.
    2008-01-18 05:41 AM
    will signing up for a sidekick plan help the edge network problem? Im sure bigboss knows what up... seem like that guy knows a little something about iphones.... lol
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2008-01-18 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD