I just realized that the relationship between Cydia and Installer is surprisingly similar to that of Macs and Windows computers.

Cydia is more advanced, sleeker, and gets more stable with every release.
    Installer is much more unstable, clunkier, and has far more users. It also has more repos made for it.

Macs are more advanced, sleeker, and get more stable with every release.
    Windows is much more unstable, clunkier, and has far more users. It also has more programs made for it.

Strange, huh?

p.s. Those who prefer Cydia seem to love talking about how great it is.
    2008-08-17 02:33 AM
    and this post = wrong forum
    2008-08-17 03:06 AM
    actually... Cydia=Linux
    2008-08-17 03:10 AM
    and this post = wrong forum
    How so? There are other topics in this forum that discuss things related to ipods and iphones. I can't tell a better forum to post it in.

actually... Cydia=Linux
    That's true too. I thought Macs were a better comparison though, because Macs and PCs are usually thought of as the 2 main operating systems.
    Besides, the Mac OS is sleeker than that of Linux, and Mac users are generally more... what's the word... I don't know, a cross between arrogant, talkative, and proud, about their computers.
    2008-08-17 03:25 AM
    Why are people always comparing Macs to Windows? In some sort of way
    EDM
    2008-08-17 07:37 AM
    A better forum would be Native iPhone app discussion; moved.
    2008-08-17 07:44 AM
    totally agree. I moved back to Windows Millenium cos XP was so unstable!
    2008-08-17 07:50 AM
    God redcard I HOPE TO GOD that is 100% sarcasm.. :P
    2008-08-17 07:55 AM
    Do most people agree with this;

Macs are more advanced, sleeker, and get more stable with every release.
    Windows is much more unstable, clunkier, and has far more users. It also has more programs made for it.
    Because I know that more people have Windows instead of a Mac (well, at least the people I know).
    If this is true then I'll have to consider saving up for a Mac.

EDIT: Either way please lets not make this a Cydia vs Installer war. Thanks.
    2008-08-17 10:00 AM
    You're biased. So there's no reason to argue this point.
    2008-08-17 10:24 AM
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this one- and 461AM, He's right, and ya can't really say I'm biased because I use Vista on my desktop, but carry a macbook. I have an iphone for personal use, but a WM6 Device for work use. Both sides have their strengths and weaknesses, but OS X is by far a superior OS to Windows, it uses fewer resources, has many of the same features, though many are more refined and are implemented in a much more user friendly style.

Windows dominates the market simply because it dominates the market. Sounds odd i'm sure but it's true. If we were to start with a fresh slate today and everyone forgot how to use computers and started from scratch I believe that most users would gravitate towards OS X. However, because Windows is already so common and has such a large margin of users over OS X, many people are afraid to make the switch, or are so comfortable with the programs in Windows that even though *most* have a mac equivalent that is *typically* just as easy to use, with an easier learning curve, they stick with the Windows apps because it's what they know.
    2008-08-17 11:21 AM
    u know what; this thread is 100% correct! wow lol...
    2008-08-17 11:58 AM
    You're biased. So there's no reason to argue this point.
    Actually, I'm neutral. I prefer Windows, but think macs are cool too. Even though I like windows, I will admit the ways in which they are inferior.

EDIT: Oh, and after reading Bose's post, I realized it's similar with IE and Firefox.
    Last edited by jacktaylor73; 2008-08-17 at 09:04 PM.
    2008-08-17 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD