Is there an app that enables you to block numbers? I remember on the Razor, there was an option to enable people, that are not on your contacts list, from calling you.
    2008-02-16 11:40 PM
    Don't think there is such an app available. Seems almost pointless to me, unless you have a really big contact list or you just want a handful of people to call you. In that case, I would just not give my number out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-02-17 12:32 AM
    If I didnt want sum1 to have my number, then I wouldn't give it to them. But would that stop them from trying to call me? No, it wouldn't, they would try to get my number from someone who has my number. Example: I don't want my work or bosses callin me on my cell phone. Did I give it to them? No. How did they end up gettin a hold of my number? Through one of my friends who was dating my boss at the time. Plus, I'm sure you don't like being prank called in the middle of the night by a blocked number now do you?
    2008-02-17 03:30 AM
    would def be a cool app
    2008-02-17 04:47 PM
    I had just such an app on my previous phone (an S60 Nokia). Can't remember what it was called......Blackball? Ateball? Something like that. Anyway, it allowed me to set up "white" lists and "black" lists of numbers to always allow or always deny - handy particularly for screening out some spam callers who'd been buggin' me for a while. I'd love to have this functionality on my iphone.
    2008-02-17 10:44 PM
    Id like it too. a call filter a very common feature on other phones.
    2008-03-02 05:40 AM
    If you're using AT&T, call them and ask if they can block the undesired caller on their end.
    2008-03-05 02:57 AM
    Ok, so I added that source, and it installed PYSL, but when I try to turn it on, it goes right back to off. Any suggestions?
    prior to joining the impulsive group hank freid gained operational and asset management experience
    2008-06-27 08:34 AM
    iblacklist should do the trick, Im not sure what repo source its in tho... try google
    2008-06-27 09:28 AM
    Kinda off topic...but I'd love a program that would show my number to anyone in my contact list, but block my number (call display) to anyone I don't have saved.

Reason being that I forward my work extension to my cell when I am out of the office, and always have to remember to block my outgoing number when calling anyone back...because I want them to always call my extension and NOT my personal cell number.
    2008-06-27 10:57 PM
    iphonebrazil repo has iblacklist.
    2008-06-27 11:18 PM
    mcleaner?
    2008-06-28 12:32 AM
    Don't think there is such an app available. Seems almost pointless to me, unless you have a really big contact list or you just want a handful of people to call you. In that case, I would just not give my number out.
    I don't think it's a matter of "giving or not giving out your number" I have a Spanish speaking person that calls me daily apparently looking for a family member or friend, I've had my number for over a year but that doesn't stop him from calling day after day. I was told by T-Mobile to change my number, why would I? I've had it for over a year, so yes a "BLOCKING CALLER APP" would be great....
    2009-03-19 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD