Hi,

Last night, I did a NES update. When I go to launch NES, it said that there are no ROMs found! What happened to my ROMs?

Funny thing is, I cyberducked into my iphone and the Roms are there!!! It just doesn't show.

Does anyone know how to rectify this situation? I just started working on this the other night....finally figured it out and now.....NOTHING!!!!! ARGH!!!!

Thanks in advance for any help.
    2008-02-19 09:38 AM
    Hi, It happened the same to me
    I'm on 1.1.2 and the problem is that the new update of NES expects the ROMs in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES
    So I created the directory using SSH (check permissions to 755), and I moved all the ROMs there
    Now it works!
    I hope it help
    2008-02-19 12:25 PM
    Hi,

Ok, there was another update today....updated and runs fine now. Only problem is, I can't find where my Roms are located. It's visible when I open the NES application but not when I SSH.

And what is this "setting the permissions" thing that I keep hearing? What's up with that? And how do I do that?

Thanks for any help,

I'm on a Mac, running 1.1.1.

Attached Thumbnails Did NES update, what happened to my ROMs?-nhba74.png  
    2008-02-20 01:17 AM
    For firmwares before 1.1.3, /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES
    For 1.1.3, /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES
    2008-02-20 01:41 AM
    what kind of rom should download off new to play with NES.
    2008-02-21 06:34 PM
    sorry for the newbie qns ...

/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES after i create this directory, can i install the Swell Classic NES roms thru the installer.app ?

thx !
    2008-03-01 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD