Hey,

I've tried to search for issues others are having with finder and to date none have posted any trouble with setting or resetting file/folder permissions with MobileFinder or Finder as its called in Installer.

I really enjoy its UI and mainly started downloading it to adjust the permission for my iPhysics folders/files for playability on 1.1.3 but when i click a folder or file and select modify - I set my permissions and exit, then when i review my work it reverts back to its previous setting. Any suggestions ? Anyone experiencing this problem also ?

I'm only trying to do it through Finder because I have to date not been able to SSH into my iphone with WinSCP. No clue why

Thanks in advance.
    2008-02-20 09:50 PM
    For me, it wont even change icon names...
    2008-02-20 10:25 PM
    Mobile finder dont work for me too.. I tried squid also and didnt work. Anyone knows how to fix it?
    2008-02-20 10:37 PM
    Check out this link... Has some of the most common issues noted and fixes.

http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...issues-in-113/
    2008-02-20 10:39 PM
    Well i'm not glad to see others are frustrated with it as well but i am glad to see its not an isolated issue and there fore some sympathetic guru can troubleshoot it and assit
    2008-02-20 10:47 PM
    I've spent most of the day at work playing with it and I've noticed that with Finder I can edit permissions and delete, move, rename etc., under the mobile directories but not under root directories. I've used Terminal to log in as root/alpine and attempted to chmod but it isnt working. Is it only seeing me as mobile and not root ? How can I gain access locally - not through SSH which i've not been able to do and ive ready ALL of it ! via terminal or finder etc., how can i locally gain root access to adjust permissions ? I think we are having a problem iwth that rather than with the finder app itself.
    2008-02-21 12:42 AM
    I have the same problem. Like I can't move, delete, or change the name of a file using mobile finder. If I do move it, it usually only goes out the folder going up. Like from Media to Root. But It won't move anywhere else. And my Iphone is version 1.1.4
    2008-07-13 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD