Hi guys,

I have searched around and didnt seem to find my answer. I have a 1.1.3 unlocked, jailbroken iphone, and just tried to install Simport. After downloading resources, it showed some kind of message but I dont remember the wording of it, about sth failed... anyways, i thought that it didnt install after i saw the message. However it did install onto my phone and i could import my contacts from my sim card. Now my question is that when i go to installer.app, under uninstall, i cannot see simport (cannot select it to uninstall) .. is it suppose to be that way? or did i mess up sth since i could see other games that i have installed previously.

Also, i tried to install some dictionary and encyclopedia apps, however they didnt show up on my phone but i can select them to uninstall ...pretty weird...

any help would be appreciated !

Thanks a lot !
    2008-02-26 07:37 PM
    Hi guys,

I have searched around and didnt seem to find my answer. I have a 1.1.3 unlocked, jailbroken iphone, and just tried to install Simport. After downloading resources, it showed some kind of message but I dont remember the wording of it, about sth failed... anyways, i thought that it didnt install after i saw the message. However it did install onto my phone and i could import my contacts from my sim card. Now my question is that when i go to installer.app, under uninstall, i cannot see simport (cannot select it to uninstall) .. is it suppose to be that way? or did i mess up sth since i could see other games that i have installed previously.

Also, i tried to install some dictionary and encyclopedia apps, however they didnt show up on my phone but i can select them to uninstall ...pretty weird...

any help would be appreciated !

Thanks a lot !
    I have the same exact problem. Can anyone shine some light on this problem?
    2008-02-26 08:23 PM
    can anyone shed some light ?? thanks a lot
    2008-02-29 01:14 AM
    make sure you have bsd subsystem installed. Then try installing simport again and uninstalling it.
    2008-02-29 10:33 PM
    great, it works now, thanks a lot

my other question is that, have any of you guys installed the dictionary/encyclopedia apps? b/c i dont see it on the screen (on the board...called springboard? ) after installation

thanks!
    Last edited by rowong; 2008-03-01 at 11:42 PM.
    2008-03-01 11:40 PM
    Most of those are plugins for a different app (i tihnk its called Wedict). Unless you have Wedict, you won't see any of them.
    2008-03-05 03:00 AM
    exactly.good app thought.at least priceless if you're ESL.
    2008-03-05 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD