I have searched everywhere and can not find out how to get SwirlyMMS on 2.1 to work or if it even works.

Any help?

I am on AT&T. With Unlimited Messaging.
    2008-09-22 02:59 AM
    You can download it through cydia. I'm with AT&T also and I got it to work first by getting them to turn on mms and it was blocked after one day. Next I called from another phone using my SIM and asked them to remove the iPhone data and message plan then added the media net unlimited plan. This worked for one more day and was blocked again. I'm gonna go back to the store tomorrow and keep trying new ideas.
    2008-09-22 03:23 AM
    Lol. Sounds aggravating.

I'll try.

Much Appreciated.
    Last edited by SAVAGE5; 2008-09-22 at 04:12 AM.
    2008-09-22 04:09 AM
    Check the Swirly website. They have a full page of settings for various carriers and a forum where people discuss the details of getting it running.

Its very complicated and convoluted. 3G ATT users are more or less out of luck due to the way ATT runs their network.
    2008-09-22 04:58 PM
    You can download it through cydia. I'm with AT&T also and I got it to work first by getting them to turn on mms and it was blocked after one day. Next I called from another phone using my SIM and asked them to remove the iPhone data and message plan then added the media net unlimited plan. This worked for one more day and was blocked again. I'm gonna go back to the store tomorrow and keep trying new ideas.
    You're lucky you even get that far. I keep getting reps who say, I can't do it unless I take away your iPhone data plan blah blah blah.
    2008-09-22 05:12 PM
    I did remove the iPhone data and messaging. I got them to put the mediamax plan in it's place which seems to work fine so far but it wasn't even a full day until mms was blocked again. I'm guessing it's due to the system seeing the iPhone imei and blocking mms.

Just a quick update. Not only is mms blocked on my iphone but also on my gophone which is a Moto c168i as well as web access on the moto. I called CS last night and told them I was unable to access the web for ringtones etc. on my moto c168i and I have the mediamax plan. The first informed me that she had to change some settings on my plan and to power my phone off and back on for the settings to take place. This didn't work so I called back and this rep said it was a problem with the iphone sim and I needed to go get a new one because mine was for an Iphone. I thought this was funny because everthing worked for a day when I changed the plan on both phones.

Just a quick update. Not only is mms blocked on my iphone but also on my gophone which is a Moto c168i as well as web access on the moto. I called CS last night and told them I was unable to access the web for ringtones etc. on my moto c168i and I have the mediamax plan. The first informed me that she had to change some settings on my plan and to power my phone off and back on for the settings to take place. This didn't work so I called back and this rep said it was a problem with the iphone sim and I needed to go get a new one because mine was for an Iphone. I thought this was funny because everthing worked for a day when I changed the plan on both phones.
    Last edited by beav81; 2008-09-23 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-23 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD