Hi Guys,
    Just upgraded to 1.1.3 last night using Ziphone,and what a breeze.
    1.1.3 is great, but one of the major drawbacks is that the new SMS app is slow to load, considerably slower to respond and still does not have the forward function!

Hence I have installed the latest version of SMSd which I feel is far superior to SMS App by Apple. Try it. You won'y regret it. The new version has the option to replace it as your SMS client. Here is the link and good luck.
    http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/

Since it worked for me (Alas giving me high speed SMS options and loading / response times) I thought I'd let you know, no need to restore / go back to older versions if you sms a lot. Just use this and enjoy the experience.

Gaurang
    2008-02-27 03:00 PM
    I want to use this app but when I click on "conversations" it crashes back to the home screen. Does that part work for you? I'm on a jailbroken 1.1.3 also.
    2008-02-27 03:28 PM
    use this in Terminal /Applications/SMSD.app/SMS!! Do not put the # sign in front, I am not sure why some say to do that, it just hangs.
    2008-02-27 04:15 PM
    I originally typed "/Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD" just to get it to work. You are saying to type "SMS!!" at the end? Thanks!
    2008-02-27 04:36 PM
    sorry but my first time using Terminal Vt100.
    I am on 1.1.3 dev upgrade not Ziphone.

Terminal is asking for a password. can some one help?
    thanks.

cody
    2008-02-27 08:28 PM
    yeah the conversations window does work for me. It basically brings up the conversations between you and someone like a IM window. I have not got any crashes yet. Try and use the newest version 0.2.3 beta 1. This works fine, and this is the only tested version on a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.3 phone. Also you have to set the right permissions for SMSD, and I am using WinScp.
    I use username: root and password: alpine in Winscp. Don't know if that will work for you in terminal.
    Has anyone else tried this?
    2008-02-27 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD