User Tag List

Yesterday I was playing with the categories app and the phone locked up and refused to boot back up. It turns out that this is a common occurrence with this app.

Anyway, after restoring my phone to the factory defaults, reverting the latest backup caused the phone to boot loop, again! I had to use a backup that was 4 months old! Now I'm finally jailbroken again, but all of my apps from the backup are duplicated in Poof and some of them do not even show up unless I put them into categories. (which I don't want to do since it screwed me up in the first place)

Is there a way to rescan the installed apps on the phone and fix the duplicate / missing apps? The apps that are permamently hidden are not upgradable or installable from iTunes either.

I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to factory restore and start completely from scratch!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jdwannam
    Last edited by jdwannam; 2008-10-15 at 08:08 PM.
    2008-10-15 07:54 PM
    It happened to me before. It is best to set the phone up as NEW instead of BACKUP...a bit more work to resync everything...but it will save you the frustration.
    2008-10-15 08:02 PM
    Settings>General>Restrictions>Enable, then disable.
    2008-10-15 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD