User Tag List

Hello all,

Has anyone been able to get the iphone to send video out (composite or component) to the TV with 3rd party applications? I can get it to work via the iPod, Quicktime streams from Safari, and YouTube. However, I can't get it to work with any 3rd party applications. They just play on the iPhone's screen.

Thanks for the help!
    2008-11-22 05:32 PM
    I used cycorder with a cheapo 3rd party AV cable that I bought.
    The first time I play a video from cycorder it would output the signal to my TV/projector just fine.

You tube playback did NOT work.

But after about 1-2 mins of playback the iphone would popup a dialog box saying this device is not tested to be compatible with your iphone would you like to turn on the airplane mode to reduce interference....

After this dialog shows up the video output is disabled.
    It does not matter what I answer to the dialog. The video gets disabled in anycase.

Only solution reboot the phone and then it works again for anothe 1-2 mins :-(

Any ideas anybody

/sanjay
    2009-01-16 06:06 AM
    The recent Apple iPhone SDK had hidden TV out features,meaning that the The MPTVOutWindow class allows your iPhone to send its video to a connected TV rather than to the built-in screen.Intended to be used with movies, the unpublished class creates a live video feed that is sent out through the iPhone's connector port.End-users will need to buy a video adapter or cable to use this functionality.
    2009-01-16 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD