Need help on JB 1.14 IPhone. JBed on Ziphone 2.5 installed BSD,SSH,patch for apps to work w/1.14, and the patch that allows you to use 1.13 apps on 1.14 by changing ther service core plist and tried skylers customize and about three others and still does not work but i got SMB themes to work please help. Also tried to mess with it on ssh but confused on how to do it, if u no please give me detailed instructions thank you
    2008-03-02 02:10 AM
    just add this source here to your Installer:
    www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml

Then install customize under the Dlubbat's apps folder

Then you should be good to go

It worked for me!
    2008-03-02 03:02 AM
    ty works great!

ok problem
    no place to put battery images no folder under
    mobile/library/customize

What can I do

OmG it has locked my screen I can not click on settings or anyting, How do I unistall via Winscp please help URGENT
    Last edited by dallasnights; 2008-03-02 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2008-03-02 03:41 AM
    u suggest anything else tried it like two more times and every time i try to make my dock five items i go and look and it appears five items on the manual reorder and when i exit it resprings but nothing changes the dock is still four iteams
    2008-03-02 03:42 AM
    just add this source here to your Installer:
    www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml

Then install customize under the Dlubbat's apps folder

Then you should be good to go

It worked for me!
    i dont think the source works anymore cuz i dont see the folder now
    is there any other way i can get customize on 1.14?
    2008-04-27 02:17 AM
    i dont think the source works anymore cuz i dont see the folder now
    is there any other way i can get customize on 1.14?
    Take a look Here!
    2008-04-27 02:21 AM
    Take a look Here!
    thanks!
    2008-04-27 07:28 AM
    The Customize files or in (Derek Boone Apps) 1.1.4 Version 1.21 (custom)2
    2008-04-27 07:36 AM
    The Customize files or in (Derek Boone Apps) 1.1.4 Version 1.21 (custom)2
    wait what? that didn't make sense sorry i'm slow
    where is the customize folder/directory in cuteFTP?
    every place says its /private/var/root/Library/Customize but I don't see customize in /private/var/root/Library
    2008-04-27 10:56 PM
    The customize folder is in var/root/Library/

2008-04-28 12:11 AM
    yeah but mine doesnt have that folder
    on my iphone when i open up customize it works but i don't know where the folder is
    2008-04-28 02:08 AM
    Check /private/var/mobile/Library and you should see a Customize directory there. I'm also a Customize 1.21 regressor, as nice as the new one is, it's a bit too much and too involved.
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.
    2008-04-28 11:01 AM
    i see a customize directory in there, but when i make a new folder and put my vodka battery or carrier images within the folders in there they don't show up on my phone? do you have msn or anything i could talk to you on directly? or can you post back thanks
    2008-04-29 02:26 AM
    The Images go in /private/var/library/Customize

2008-04-29 02:41 AM
    So if I'm reading you right, you're dropping the carrier logos and battery images into the appropriate area:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/CarrierImages/
    and
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/

And they're still not showing up? Make sure that your logos/graphics are inside a folder inside the above listed ones (carrier logo in a folder INSIDE CarrierImages, Vodka battery images in a folder inside BatteryImages). For example, battery images inside a folder perhaps named VodkaBattery which is inside /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/ while the carrier logo(s) are inside a folder perhaps named MyCarrier which is inside /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/CarrierImages/

If it's still not working, then it might be permissions-related. If that's the case, BossPrefs has a nifty button in it to fix user directory permissions. Hope this helps, I restored my phone the other day (clean, not restoring from backup) and did my usual process of getting my phone how I like it, including using Customize, and it's been working great.

One last thing though, if the carrier logo doesn't change even after you HAVE changed it, then you'll probably need to run the little carrierfix.sh script that comes in the newer old copies of Customize (might only be Customize 1.21 custom 3, the one Skylar hosted for a while). If you don't have it, I could send that over to you, send me a PM if it escalates to this point.
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.
    2008-04-29 03:11 AM
    The Images go in /private/var/library/Customize

i dont have library under /private/var

So if I'm reading you right, you're dropping the carrier logos and battery images into the appropriate area:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/CarrierImages/
    and
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/

And they're still not showing up? Make sure that your logos/graphics are inside a folder inside the above listed ones (carrier logo in a folder INSIDE CarrierImages, Vodka battery images in a folder inside BatteryImages). For example, battery images inside a folder perhaps named VodkaBattery which is inside /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/ while the carrier logo(s) are inside a folder perhaps named MyCarrier which is inside /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/CarrierImages/

If it's still not working, then it might be permissions-related. If that's the case, BossPrefs has a nifty button in it to fix user directory permissions. Hope this helps, I restored my phone the other day (clean, not restoring from backup) and did my usual process of getting my phone how I like it, including using Customize, and it's been working great.

One last thing though, if the carrier logo doesn't change even after you HAVE changed it, then you'll probably need to run the little carrierfix.sh script that comes in the newer old copies of Customize (might only be Customize 1.21 custom 3, the one Skylar hosted for a while). If you don't have it, I could send that over to you, send me a PM if it escalates to this point.
    Yeah I had a Vodka folder under /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/ and I made a folder called MyCarriers and still I don't see anything when I load up Customize

Where do I get / how do I use that BossPrefs button you were talking about?

I was installing some application and had to restore my phone to backup on Sunday night

If I need that newer Customize then do you think you can send it to me?

Oh, and how come my /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize/ folder only has this and not all of the other folders?!
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-04-29 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-29 03:51 AM
    can anyone help?
    2008-05-01 05:00 AM
    anyone?
    2008-05-05 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD