Ok, for those who are having trouble with youtube and mail in 1.1.4 after ziphone jailbreak, look no further.

MAIL FIX:
    1. After you jailbreak 1.1.4 with ziphone open installer and install the SYNCFIX app found under the iclarified section. (iclarified is automatically in your source list from the ziphone jailbreak)
    2. Restart your phone and connect to itunes.
    3. enjoy getting mail again

YOUTUBE FIX:
    (I did this with a fresh restore so i'm not sure if that makes a difference)

1. Open installer and install BSD SubSystem, and OpenSSH NOTHING ELSE.

2. Restart the phone and connect to the phone via winscp or whatever program you like that lets you browse the file system.

3. navigate to /var/root/library/lockdown and copy the following files to your computer (for backup purposes)
    data_art.plist
    device_private_key.pem
    device_public_key.pem

4. replace the old files with the 3 files you can download from this link: http://rapidshare.com/files/96711141/youtube.zip.html

5: restart iphone.

6: after restart, go to the activation_records folder copy everything in there to your computer. then delete everything in the folder from your phone.

7: restart the phone again

8: connect to itunes and your phone should be re-activated automatically with youtube working!

NOTE:dont delete anything from the activation_records folder untill AFTER you restart the phone in step 5.

if you find you arent getting service, simply put the original files you copied back + restart your phone and try again.

if this helps click THANKS!
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-03-03 at 01:55 PM.
    2008-03-02 05:28 AM
    i tried the syncfix but i got an error that says main script execution failed!
    2008-03-02 06:33 AM
    Ok, for those who are having trouble with youtube and mail in 1.1.4 after ziphone jailbreak, look no further.

MAIL FIX:
    1. After you jailbreak 1.1.4 with ziphone open installer and install the SYNCFIX app found under the iclarified section. (iclarified is automatically in your source list from the ziphone jailbreak)
    2. Restart your phone and connect to itunes.
    3. enjoy getting mail again

YOUTUBE FIX:
    (I did this with a fresh restore so i'm not sure if that makes a difference)

1. Open installer and install BSD SubSystem, and OpenSSH NOTHING ELSE.

2. Restart the phone and connect to the phone via winscp or whatever program you like that lets you browse the file system.

3. navigate to /var/root/library/lockdown and copy the following files to your computer (for backup purposes)
    data_art.plist
    device_private_key.pem
    device_public_key.pem

4. replace the old files with the 3 files you can download from this link: http://soundsgood.cocolog-nifty.com/...es/youtube.zip

5: restart iphone.

6: after restart, go to the activation_records folder copy everything in there to your computer. then delete everything in the folder from your phone.

7: restart the phone again

8: connect to itunes and your phone should be re-activated automatically with youtube working!

NOTE:dont delete anything from the activation_records folder untill AFTER you restart the phone in step 5.

if you find you arent getting service, simply put the original files you copied back + restart your phone and try again.

if this helps click THANKS!
    still dont work for me bud good try
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple
    2008-03-02 07:11 AM
    Yep, I still cannot get YouTube to work after jailbreaking using Ziphone 2.5 with 1.1.4. Anyone else had success? I have tried the reset all settings and the activation fix...
    2008-03-02 07:31 AM
    worked for me like a charm it took about ten minutes only! Thanks a lot man
    2008-03-02 07:38 AM
    I have no idea how to get those files onto the phone, do I have to install something from installer to see files on my computer that are on the phone? How do I get them on there...

Any help would be much appreciated...
    2008-03-02 07:57 AM
    white rabbit openssh lets you brose your phones file system through ftp.
    google winscp and download the latest version. to connect to your phone you need wifi. as the host name, put your phones IP address (found by tapping the blue arrow next to the network you are connected to) the username is root and the password is alpine. then click connect and there you are.
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-03-02 at 09:42 PM.
    2008-03-02 06:00 PM
    Got it, and thank you as well! I am now running on 1.1.4 with all apps working jailbroke
    2008-03-02 07:12 PM
    gotta love and hate ziphone at the same time haha. well im happy with my 1.1.4 now got all my apps working if anyone needs further help feel free to IM me at iGotTheRiteTemp (AIM)
    2008-03-03 04:48 AM
    link is dead.
    2008-03-03 08:53 AM
    Sorry about that, a new download link is up.
    2008-03-03 01:56 PM
    Is anyone having trouble with "Notes"? It looks normal, but it won't let me delete or add a new note. I can "add" one but then when I close Notes and come back the note is gone.

dbldare
    2008-03-03 07:28 PM
    Nope, i'm not having any problems with notes. I'm not sure where to start for a fix on that. To make it the least frustrating, I suggest a restore to 1.1.4 and re-jailbreak via ziphone 2.5.
    2008-03-03 09:11 PM
    I had a problem with notes, then i restored to 1.1.4 again and jailbroke without restoring my data and everything besides youtube now works fine(which didnt work with this fix either btw).
    2008-03-03 10:43 PM
    it seems like this fix is only working for some people. i'm not sure why... but for those it works for... your welcome
    2008-03-04 02:28 AM
    i still having a problem on the mail and you tube

can pls post the link...
    2008-03-04 04:56 AM
    Is there another link to download the files? The link gives an error 404 and redirects to another asian language site.
    8g iphone 1.1.4
    Win XP

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    2008-03-04 07:18 AM
    i followed ur youtube fix now.. i cant even get it to connect to the computer now via usb cable.. i need help..
    'It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory' ~ Bruce Lee
    2008-03-04 10:35 PM
    works for me

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    2008-03-04 10:59 PM
    hey guys, i had the same problem but i found the solution.....check out this site, it will give you the instructions on how to fix the YOUTUBE problem with 1.1.4...it worked perfectly for me...

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/y...-fix.html#more
    2008-03-05 02:30 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD