(Update)

Get a copy of your Data.plist file off of your phone or from your download of My eBay.app using WinSCP.

Create a eBay Developer Account, You can create one here.

https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/account/Default.aspx

Under DEVELOPMENT KEYS, you can generate the keys for both Sandbox and Production.

Use Production. You have to create the KEYS first before you can get your token.

After you create your Development keys, it will ask you for your ebay account information. You can now go back to your account main menu, and now you have the option to create TOKEN KEYS.

*IMPORTANT MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THEM!*

Use Notepad or MSWrite. Put your token keys, In the Data.plist file where it says < string > Token Here < /string > Put your token in between there.

Transfer the Data.plist file back to your iphone.

Restart the application, PRESTO!

Since all thats being said is YEP, IT CAN BE DONE, ITS DOABLE, INSTALL MAC ON YOUR COMPUTER, Lets all get a solution not sensless babble.
    Last edited by Varmit; 2007-09-09 at 03:18 PM.
    2007-09-09 02:19 PM
    Why don't you guys install OS-X on your PC, perhaps in dual boot or using Vmware. Very doable nowadays and so much fun.
    Please don't recommend huge wastes of time for other people without trying it out. The dashboard app crashes in tiger-x86. I already tried it last night. :P

And sorry Varmit, I was typing up the solution after I took the screenshot but my gf came home... you know how it is

As expected, the final solution came out of Windows. Yay
    Last edited by shizzabrick; 2007-09-09 at 05:16 PM.
    2007-09-09 05:11 PM
    Not sure about Vmware, but it works just fine in native mode (doal boot) on my Compaq Notebook (Kernel 10.4.10).
    Last edited by Vger; 2007-09-10 at 01:26 PM.
    2007-09-09 05:22 PM
    If you have windows (vista), you can load the ebay sidebar tool (i suspect this will also work for gagdets in win xp that use the ebay token). You can access the token from your registry editor in: HKCU\\Software\\eBay Sidebar Tool\\users\\token

Then copy and paste the token into data.plist using SCP as described above
    2007-09-09 08:18 PM
    Good idea rkisling!
    2007-09-10 01:23 PM
    I still can't get this app. to work. I have followed the directions and I can get the "token needed" message to stop appearing and eBay watcher no longer freezes up my phone, but now it simply says "Get data from eBay.com failed" I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I purposely started watching like 5 different items, but none of them will show up using this app. Any help would be great.
    2007-10-02 10:54 PM
    Sirhc35, did you open a dev account with eBay?
    2007-10-02 11:49 PM
    Sirhc35, did you open a dev account with eBay?
    yup.. did that too. I got a production key and a token.
    2007-10-03 01:41 AM
    (Update)

Get a copy of your Data.plist file off of your phone or from your download of My eBay.app using WinSCP.

Create a eBay Developer Account, You can create one here.

https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/account/Default.aspx

Under DEVELOPMENT KEYS, you can generate the keys for both Sandbox and Production.

Use Production. You have to create the KEYS first before you can get your token.

After you create your Development keys, it will ask you for your ebay account information. You can now go back to your account main menu, and now you have the option to create TOKEN KEYS.

*IMPORTANT MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THEM!*

Use Notepad or MSWrite. Put your token keys, In the Data.plist file where it says < string > Token Here < /string > Put your token in between there.

Transfer the Data.plist file back to your iphone.

Restart the application, PRESTO!

Since all thats being said is YEP, IT CAN BE DONE, ITS DOABLE, INSTALL MAC ON YOUR COMPUTER, Lets all get a solution not sensless babble.

sorry dude, didnt work. got to put the aut. token from ebay dev, i created the account and all that. placed token in between <key>Token</key> but still didnt work. keep getting "token missing" error. ill just try to experiment with it, see what happens.
    2007-10-28 01:26 PM
    http://www.iribbit.com/

Works well, and doesn't need a fee or token, just register it with Ebay and you're done.
    2007-10-29 12:30 AM
    i followed all the steps already, but when i start the application.. it says "get data from eBay.com failed" can someone please help me? thanks in advanced
    2007-12-07 09:35 AM
    you need to buy it!
    ten bucks thats it bro
    better if you check the ebay website for mobile devices
    m.ebay.com or wap.ebay.com

cya
    2007-12-09 08:20 AM
    Hi Everyone

Once you have installed the MyEbay App, I found the best way to get the token in there was to use WinSCP and right click on the Data.plist file and hit Edit.

Then, you can see a bit where it says something like: (IGNORE THE ~~s, you wont get them)

<~key~>Token<~/key~>
    <~string~>THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO PASTE THE TOKEN<~/string~>

Also, when you register for an Ebay Dev account you get loads of information - the only field i needed to make it work was the TOKEN field - ignore the rest even the bit that says TOKEN REST.

Thanks
    Last edited by lejuna; 2007-12-21 at 03:40 PM.
    2007-12-21 03:37 PM
    Does this app by any chance work with edge? im trying it out and did all that token stuff but it wont load up anything yet. gonna try and see if it works on wifi. (dont have one here at work that i can try)
    2008-03-08 11:31 PM
    works fine on edge....well it use to for me. I'm on 1.1.3 now and it doesnt seem to work anymore.
    2008-03-09 04:20 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD