Someone told me the wii remotes that have accelerometers are bluetooth.
    SO now someone needs to write wii remote software for the iphone, so the iphone can be a wii remote.
    2007-09-10 11:36 PM
    Or even better:

get the Wiimote to work as a game controller for the iPhone over bluetooth. It'd be perfect for NES games!
    2007-09-10 11:42 PM
    Omfg That Would Be Awesome!!!
    I am the MacBook Pro
    2007-09-11 12:32 AM
    That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2007-09-11 01:38 AM
    I dont understand the way emulators work but why cant someone make a psp or xbox 360 or any other one.
    2007-09-11 02:53 AM
    so advance youd have to run them on the system them selfs

besides they are programed for there chipsets
    2007-09-11 03:00 AM
    Small problem....iPhone has no IR emitter (or is it receiver) which would really present a problem....
    2007-09-11 03:51 AM
    a wii doesn't have a IR reciever either, just an emitter.
    the wiimote actually has the reciever, but just for seeing where the sensor bar is. it comunicates to the wii through blue tooth.

this is VERY feasible. i KNOW for a fact that people have software for getting a wii mote to communicate with their PC... check it out someone!

apart from the motion sensing, it would be awesome to use the controller in 'classic style' (on it's side) and play NES with it!
    2007-09-11 12:26 PM
    i could see this working as i've gotten the wii remotes to work great with my powerbook. the only thing i'm wondering is if anyone has figured out how to use the bluetooth on the iphone for more than an earpiece. last i knew, that's all they were really able to do. if we were able to get access to configuring the bluetooth on it more, we could do some really cool stuff.
    2007-09-11 05:42 PM
    This would be the most awesome thing evar. Period.
    2007-09-13 02:46 AM
    The IR receiver is not a "minor" part of the Wii remote. You would cripple just about every Wii game out with this, the only thing you could do is play Virtual Console games.

As for PSP and Xbox360 emulators on the iPhone, look up the specs of the Xbox360 dude. 3ghz triple core cpu with a 3D hardware acceleration-enabled GPU.

iPhone doesn't come close to being able to do this.
    2007-09-14 03:51 PM
    Not that I have a twisted sense of humor or something ... but, I could see the press on this one:

Apple claims they are not responsible for flurry of injuries and damages resulting from mobile iPhones. Several accounts by iPhone users claim there where no warnings provided to indicate that the phone can dislodge itself and become a truly mobile and deadly projectile when used as a Wii remote. Customers claim the failure to Apple to apply slip resistant materials or wrist straps could have prevented this mishap. A California teenager remains hospitalized in stable condition. His friend reportedly launched the iPhone as a projectile which hit him in the head causing the battery to explode and suffering minor burns. Nintendo has declined to comment.
    2007-09-14 06:20 PM
    hurry up and get er done
    2007-09-15 12:30 AM
    Not that I have a twisted sense of humor or something ... but, I could see the press on this one:

Apple claims they are not responsible for flurry of injuries and damages resulting from mobile iPhones. Several accounts by iPhone users claim there where no warnings provided to indicate that the phone can dislodge itself and become a truly mobile and deadly projectile.....
    HAHAHA wow i could totally see that. haha tahts so funny
    i LOVE apple.
    2007-09-25 04:02 AM
    Oh yea, I loved the reports of broken TVs from faulty Wii-mote straps. Did anyone here about the lady who drank so much water she died in a water chugging competition for a Wii? It was only a few miles from where I live, gotta love it. Btw, who here has a Wii?? I've got one, I freaking love the thing (although my iPhone did kinda steal its thunder!)

EDIT: Found the article..
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1991038,00.html
    Funny stuff, the competitors had to "hold their wee for a Wii" ....drinking gallons of water without being allowed to go potty!
    Last edited by unclear; 2007-09-25 at 04:09 AM. Reason: article
    2007-09-25 04:07 AM
    lol wow that's great. No I dont have a wii, I might get one on ebay one daywhen they get cheap. But hey sure do look super fun. Seems like they would get hard to get used to but its definitely thecoolest game thing out there right now.
    i LOVE apple.
    2007-09-25 04:14 AM
    The IR receiver is not a "minor" part of the Wii remote. You would cripple just about every Wii game out with this, the only thing you could do is play Virtual Console games.
    The conversation shifted to using the Wii controller with iPhone games, so IR is indeed pointless. I don't see the point in using the iPhone as a Wii controller anyway. But the reverse is very appealing.

But alas I doubt this will ever happen. We can't even do a lot of basic Bluetooth stuff yet, let alone use it with a Wii remote.

--
    Mike
    2007-09-25 10:30 AM
    www.coolgorilla.com and go to the iPhone widgets section and it let's you know that there is a company allready in the process of making IR adapters for the iPhone to use on the wii
    2007-09-25 03:39 PM
    wii remotes need the ir emitters on the senso r bar (or candles ...lol) to know the location of the tv screen. iphones dont ave an ir reciever to find the sensor bar.... n without it, you can use it to control the cursor on wii sine the iphone cannot pinpoint the tv screen
    2007-09-25 04:26 PM

As for PSP and Xbox360 emulators on the iPhone, look up the specs of the Xbox360 dude. 3ghz triple core cpu with a 3D hardware acceleration-enabled GPU.

iPhone doesn't come close to being able to do this.
    Actually, if its not too bright in the room, the iphone's camera can pick up on the IR signals being emitted from the IR sensor bar that sits near your TV. In fact, you can see them in lots of YouTube videos of people showing off their bowling tricks, they should appear as normal white LED lights to a digital camera. The wiimote looks for these beacons basically.

The sensor bar creates a constant reference point for the wiimote so the console can generalize where you are aiming. You can even ditch the sensor bar and use candles if you wanted to, it will still work, lol. This technology is old and very simple, theres no reason the iphone couldnt do it once BT pairing is no longer an issue. The only new tech in the Wii is the accelerometers, and even they aren't new, lol, just cheaper to make now.
    2007-09-26 02:34 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD