I have just upgraded to 2.2.1 and seem to be having problems adding applications to my Iphone 3G. In itunes I have added the ipa's and sycn them to my Iphone as I usually would it says Updating applications on my Iphone..Installing "facebook" application I reboot my iphone and the application does not appear to be there..any ideas..the only application I seem to be having success with is mbox mail.

Im pretty stumped any ideas?
    2009-02-02 11:35 PM
    Hard to say.

Where you using anything like "catagories" or any other app that "poofs" the icons off the homepage? If so, and you didnt "unhide" them before restoring....thats the issue. They are still hidden.
    2009-02-03 12:04 AM
    that would be it..I used categories and I knew I was supposed to remove everything from the folders before upgrading I just forgot..I tried installing categories but no luck there are no folders how would I unhide them?
    2009-02-03 12:53 AM
    you have to recreate them. so make a new folder...add your hidden apps to that folder and finish it. then you should be able to see them in that folder. at this point reopen categories and then delete the apps from the folder. this should bring them back again.

let us know how it goes
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-03 12:58 AM
    Worked! Thanks alot.
    2009-02-03 01:27 AM
    no problem. ive done that a time a 2 myself. glad to help
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-03 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD