User Tag List

Hi everyone,

I have a 1st generation ipod touch 16gb. I bought it a while back. It was working fine but one day it just wouldnt turn on anymore. My computer and itunes still detects it, ive put it in dfu/ recovery mode and tried to restore but i keep getting errors with a 4 digit number. (1604 2005 etc etc)

MY screen is in perfect condtion never touched water no cracks no nothing, the ipod is in perfect condtion. IF anyone has a solution please tell me . thanks

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x
    2009-02-04 02:21 AM
    if itunes recognizes it its obviously ON so you might have a dead screen at this point. thats my initial thought. try getting into dfu mode BEFORE it even touches your computer. THEN connect it. it will be hard considering you cant see the screen but just follow DFU steps and youll get it there. then restore to the regular non modded firmware file
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-04 02:23 AM
    ok i did what u said, i disconnected it from the computer, put it in dfu mode, connected it, tried restoring to a regular firmware, i got the 2005 error. Something about not being able to be restored due to 2005 error

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x
    2009-02-04 02:32 AM
    keep trying. i had the 1604 loop once and i eventually got it to work. try restarting your computer. just an extra idea
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-04 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD