I installed mewseek this morning from cydia, it seemed to work fine, after downloading a song I pressed the "add to iPod" button and it began the import and rebuilding the directories.

Then it suddenly crashed. When I went to the iPod app, all my music is gone. When I plug into iTunes, I get an error saying that iTunes cannot read the contents on my phone and I need to restore.

Other that that, the phone works as normal.

I'm running 2.2 jailbroken, does anyone have a fix?
    2009-02-15 11:18 PM
    That sucks.
    2009-02-15 11:24 PM
    That sucks.
    how helpful are you??

anyways i dont know of a fix.. but a good solution that you can do to ensure that this doesnt happen in the future is to install a program called swaptunes through cydia/installer.. what this does is create a separate partition on your iphone for another itunes database..so when you are going to transfer downloads from mewseek you just make sure your on a different partition than that of which has your original library.

I installed the new mewseek and am quite unhappy with it aside from the fact that you can transfer songs to the ipod app like in 1.1.4 days. I cannot say that i had this problem though, my songs synced no problem..

hope this helps in the future
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]
    2009-02-15 11:30 PM
    I probably should have done that to begin with, I'm wondering if there's a way to get into my iTunes backup and replace re xml on my phone with ssh and see if that works, just not sure how I would go about doing that...
    2009-02-15 11:57 PM
    there's a backup of your music library that you can restore and all your music will be back

its located at /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/iTunesDB.bak

remove your current iTunesDB file, and rename iTunesDB.bak to iTunesDB

reboot your iphone and everything will be back to normal
    2009-02-16 02:04 AM
    i have a question about this mewseek, after downloading a song and then importing to itunes, when you sync with itunes would it delete the song that you have downloaded?
    2009-02-16 02:15 AM
    i have a question about this mewseek, after downloading a song and then importing to itunes, when you sync with itunes would it delete the song that you have downloaded?
    I think it will delete it unless you click the option to 'manage your songs manually' (or something like that) in iTunes. But if you 'manage your songs manually' you can't sync entire playlists from iTunes to the iPhone.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3
    2009-02-16 04:29 AM
    That brought back my music, but my phone still doesn't sync with iTunes
    2009-02-16 05:03 AM
    silent,

I know it didnt work before but try downloading another song and try to "add to ipod"

before you do, use task manager to clear memory.... maybe thats what crashed it, not enough memory to continue to run app.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-02-16 05:39 AM
    this happened to me to. all you have to do is click the resync button again on mewseek and it goes back to normal.

i almost freaked out last night haha
    2009-02-16 05:42 AM
    I wish you had posted that a few minutes earlier, I already started a restore
    2009-02-16 05:49 AM
    this happened to me to. all you have to do is click the resync button again on mewseek and it goes back to normal.

Just to make sure: you had the same message that Silent got, that iTunes could not read the content of the iPhone and you needed to restore, and you instead clicked the resync button in Mewseek pro (which I noticed but I did not know what to make of it), and then you happily synced?
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3
    2009-02-16 04:59 PM
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. I ended up restoring mine. Luckily I had everything backed up with AptBackup. My phone actually seems to be running faster now that I did a restore and didn't reinstall everything anyway...
    2009-02-18 10:00 PM
    Yeah this happened to me too! i ended up restoring. Though it put my music to Other.. and i couldnt get it back!
    2009-02-22 10:11 PM
    once you download i would suggest sshing into private/var/mobile/media/mewseek and deleting the files after you import them. Also like limewire it saves unfinished downloads which can take up a lot of space on your iphone.

also one thing i do is use an ipod ripping program like senuti and copy the songs downloaded to itunes...you can also just copy them with the ssh method and add them to your computers hardrive also.
    2009-02-25 08:34 PM

i love you. (no homo)
    2009-03-19 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD