Here's what I did to get customize working. I jailbroke using Ziphone 2.5 and restored to 1.1.4 prior to that (not updated).
    It would crash each time I opened it up, until I restarted the phone a few times; but it still would not change any of my sounds.
    So.....I went into SSH and changed the folder and all the files properties to rw-rw-rw-. To do this change the properties to 0666. This will allow any program including customize to change the files. You may have to do this for all of the other files that need to be modified ex: dock and carrier icons.. so on, but I only use it to change my new mail and voicemail to a louder sound.

Hope this works for everyone else...
    Attached Files
    2008-03-06 12:35 AM
    i'm having the crashing problem with Customize and i've been reading everywhere to change permissions. everything i've read so far has said to make 'em 0775 and i even saw where someone said 0777. i've tried both and it didn't work. guess i'll give yours a try.
    2008-03-06 12:57 AM
    Customize crashes the first few times you open it...
    2008-03-06 04:07 AM
    i'm having the crashing problem with Customize and i've been reading everywhere to change permissions. everything i've read so far has said to make 'em 0775 and i even saw where someone said 0777. i've tried both and it didn't work. guess i'll give yours a try.
    Are you also changing the permissions on the files that you want to change, not just all teh Customize.app and library files? you also need to change the permission on the parent folder that ANY file you want to change is located in. If that folder has a parent folder, change it's permissions as well.

For example, if you want customize to change the carrier logo, you need to change permissions on the following(assuming you are on ATT but you can substitute your carrier's file):

/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle/Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle/FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/
    /System/Library/
    /System/

MOst of the other graphics that Customize changes are located in:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

So you would have to change permissions, not only on teh png files but also on:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    /System/Library/CoreServices/
    /System/Library/
    /System/

Same goes for other pngs you want to change, follow the same principle.
    2008-03-06 05:02 PM
    doesn't work for me, i got 1.1.4 (iLiberty) customize 2.0 crashes, tried to do the permissions from above (tried 0777 and 0666) nothing
    2008-04-11 01:37 PM
    quit messin with peoples hacked up versions of customize....

Go get the beta - its not closed anymore.
    Go to their site http://www.customizeapp.com sign up for an account.
    Once you have an account they give you the repo to add to installer to get the most current beta - something like 2.0.0B4 now.

It works on my 1.1.4 jb with iLibertyX
    2008-04-11 10:00 PM
    quit messin with peoples hacked up versions of customize....

Go get the beta - its not closed anymore.
    Go to their site http://www.customizeapp.com sign up for an account.
    Once you have an account they give you the repo to add to installer to get the most current beta - something like 2.0.0B4 now.

It works on my 1.1.4 jb with iLibertyX
    yea except when i fill out the forum and hit submit it does nothing but go to a blank white page
    2008-04-11 10:12 PM
    Odd - the site is working fine for me, i'm logged in and working on a theme now.
    2008-04-11 10:37 PM
    ok guys for all you dont have customize working with 1.1.4 on you iphone or ipod. I found the solution so far is working for me with no problem in my iphone. (No patch need), it will crash the first time you run the program but then after that is fine.
    ok
    1- open installer
    2- go to sources and add the following source: http://ipod.iguy.dk) PS: "this source is from a unsecure side so you be in your own if any thing happend to your equipment"
    3-wait for source to refresh
    4-Go to installer and go to iguy
    5- install customize 1.1.4
    6- restart you iphone or ipod
    7- try it (it will crash)
    8- try it againg and keep tapping the screen ones you in go to Spring Board Setting
    9- Go to unlock and type welcome and press home button if you see WELCOME
    10- YOU ARE DONE
    I hope it work

guys after i post my first comment in how to get this customize I unistall and my wifi give me some problem so if you still whant to give it a try go head. i will try the new customize 2.0 is still on beta but i will see whatsup

You must go to http://www.customizeapp.com and sign up and get the new customize 2.0 it work better than the old one.
    Last edited by jibaro3; 2008-04-18 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-18 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD