You can also go into Cydia, choose Manage, and select Packages. Then scroll down to Lock Calendar, select it, click Modify in the upper right corner, and choose Remove.

Thomas
    Oops, my post wasn't clear enough. I was talking about removing the beta version. Glad you caught this.
    2009-04-16 04:30 AM
    hum....

I'm a bit confused here. The last version I had installed was the 0.3beta. I believe I installed the 1.0 through cydia and I cant remember if I removed the 0.3 beta before I installed the 1.0

Does this mean I will not receive any updates from cydia?

any thoughts on this Mes or Thomas

Thanks,
    MrB
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-04-16 04:47 AM
    hum....

I'm a bit confused here. The last version I had installed was the 0.3beta. I believe I installed the 1.0 through cydia and I cant remember if I removed the 0.3 beta before I installed the 1.0

Does this mean I will not receive any updates from cydia?

any thoughts on this Mes or Thomas

Thanks,
    MrB
    Easy to tell.

Load Cydia ... does it show an available update for lockcalendar? If it does, go for it. You're finished.

Just in case it doesn't show up, go into packages and scroll down the alphabetical list looking for lockcalendar. If it's there, go ahead and uninstall it. Then respring your phone, back to Cydia and use search to find the latest Cydia version 1.0. Install it and you're done.

My prior-posted instructions are ONLY necessary if Cydia doesn't see any version of lockcalendar installed. But now that I think about it, if it shows up with dpkg, then Cydia should see it also. But that's another post

BTW: Cydia version lockcalendar 1.0 working good !!! Thanks Thomas
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-04-16 at 03:15 PM.
    2009-04-16 03:11 PM
    This is one of the most useful apps available anywhere - including the Apple store.
    And it gets better and better.
    2009-04-16 11:50 PM
    Overhere Lock Calendar 1.0 finds no Calendars at all. It worked before but I uninstalled Lock Calendar from my iPhone with the .plist from the Preference map.
    After installing it again from Icy, Lock Calander 1.0 does not find any Calendar (see picture below). Now I'm getting 'No Calendar Entries'.

I'm using a 3G iPhone 8G with firmware 3.0 beta 4 with jailbreak.

Update:
    It works again. What I did? I uninstalled every programm in Icy and uninstalled Icy too. After that I did a new jailbreak. After that I install all the programms including Lock Calendar and now it works again.

Regards,
    scorpiosoft
    Last edited by scorpiosoft; 2009-05-01 at 09:33 PM.
    2009-05-01 08:31 PM
    Overhere Lock Calendar 1.0 finds no Calendars at all. It worked before but I uninstalled Lock Calendar from my iPhone with the .plist from the Preference map.
    After installing it again from Icy, Lock Calander 1.0 does not find any Calendar (see picture below). Now I'm getting 'No Calendar Entries'.

I'm using a 3G iPhone 8G with firmware 3.0 beta 4 with jailbreak.

Regards,
    scorpiosoft
    scorpiosoft,

Unfortunately, I don't have an apple dev account and I'm planning on waiting until an official jailbreak for 3.0 from the dev team before I make the switch from 2.x.

Have you tried selecting Calendars and seeing what it displays in the actual Calendars page? With a fresh install, it won't actually show a number on the main configuration page next to Calendars until you go into the Calendars page (which is something I'm planning on fixing).

Thanks,

Thomas
    2009-05-01 09:11 PM
    I have (and love) Lock Calendar. Used in conjunction with the Weather Slider widget, (see 'photo') I can see all information relevant to me from the lock screen.
    I do have this one question thou: Is it possible to change the shadow of the text in the days and events of Lock Calendar to match the shadow of the Weather Wid.? To do this in the weather widget, I had to edit the .css file. No problem there. But I have no idea where to go to find what needs to be modded to get the shadow into the events table. Would you please tell me where to look to make changes.
    Thanks

EDIT: What I forgot about was: I have several calendars and each one has its own color in the iPhone app., but not on Lock Calendar. Is there a way to manually set colors for each calendar? Or to have Lock Calendar get the color from the app? Perhaps the color of the events' time, or a background for the time. Maybe just a colored dot associated with that event.
    Thanks again for this fantastic app.

Donated!!
    Attached Thumbnails Lock Calendar 1.0b Beta Test-photo.jpg  
    Last edited by tonkajds; 2009-05-07 at 11:46 PM.
    2009-05-04 06:03 AM
    Hi Thomas. I just emailed you this request, but thought it might be better placed in the forum to gauge interest.

I'm very happy with lock calendar, it does exactly what I want it to do, and very reliably.

the one thing that frustrates me about the iphone is that that the contacts database lets you add birthday information, however the phone gives you no way to get alerts for it. I know if you are a Mac user there's a way through iCal, but i'm a Windows user.

So, could you add an option to also display birthdays from the contacts database on the lockscreen ? For my purposes I just want it on the day, but others may want to show it "x" number of days in advance.
    2009-05-04 04:25 PM
    Hi Thomas. I just emailed you this request, but thought it might be better placed in the forum to gauge interest.

I'm very happy with lock calendar, it does exactly what I want it to do, and very reliably.

the one thing that frustrates me about the iphone is that that the contacts database lets you add birthday information, however the phone gives you no way to get alerts for it. I know if you are a Mac user there's a way through iCal, but i'm a Windows user.

So, could you add an option to also display birthdays from the contacts database on the lockscreen ? For my purposes I just want it on the day, but others may want to show it "x" number of days in advance.
    I've gotten this request a few times now, but I don't think this feature fits into the idea of Lock Calendar. However, what would make more sense to me is a Birthday Importer application that would take the birthdays from the contacts and add them as all-day events to the calendar. This would then give you the ability to configure reminders and any other options that a normal calendar enrty would have.

What do you think?

Thomas
    2009-05-04 10:20 PM
    Hi Thomas

I have been looking for an app that would do exactly that and there is still nothing out there. The closest i've got is an app that will read your contacts database then export the list to a backend server somewhere which then emails you on the day (or with x days notice)

If you could create an app like that, then just as good..same end result. It would need to be clever enough to not re-add birthdays as events each time you run it, but i'm guessing that's no big deal

The fact that people have asked you for this a few times maybe is an indication that it does fit in with peoples idea of Lock Calendar ?

I find it strange that apple does not provide this functionality by default, i've not heard that V3.0 is going to address this either.

Thanks again for the app and your support.
    2009-05-04 11:09 PM
    I've gotten this request a few times now, but I don't think this feature fits into the idea of Lock Calendar. However, what would make more sense to me is a Birthday Importer application that would take the birthdays from the contacts and add them as all-day events to the calendar. This would then give you the ability to configure reminders and any other options that a normal calendar enrty would have.

What do you think?

Thomas
    This is funny .... because I had this problem for years and years with no solution available. Sooooo, many moons ago (and many prior Windows & app versions ago) I started adding birthdays, anniversaries, important events etc to my calendar database and not to the contact. My calendar database is complete and my contact database is not

It will take a lot of work on my part to update my contact and calendar databases to take advantage of this, but if you make it, I will do it
    2009-05-06 11:43 PM

When I was using Outlook and Windows Mobile I used to always have the Birthdays show on my calendars. I am not sure if it was Outlook Desktop Calendar or Mobile Calender or both doing it.

On my iPhone I missed this Birthday feature. So...

What do you think?

Thomas
    So... I recently added all Birthdays from my Facebook a/c > FbCal.com > Outlook Calendar > iPhone > Lock Calendar.

I wish there was something that did the same on Desktop outlook for Contact Birthday / Anniversary extraction & add to Calendar.
    2009-05-07 12:15 AM

What do you think?

Thomas
    I think it would be a brilliant idea!
    Many many iphone users would love that kind of app!
    All current birthdays apps are not efficient, or iphone crashers like quickbirthday....
    I second and support your idea, and cant wait to see that kind of app!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT AGAIN
    2009-05-08 10:09 PM
    @Volatile-dev

I just downloaded and used BirthdayPush from Cydia, and was very excited about it!
    But very frustrated: it does push all birthdays in Calendar app as allday events, but unfortunately those allday events do not show up in Lock Calendar !!!

Any solution for that???

Thanks again
    2009-05-17 10:42 PM
    You need to go into the lock calendar settings and enable the birthday contacts calendar.

I installed the app but the dates are one day out. Probably a timezone issue as I'm gmt+10
    2009-05-18 01:51 AM
    I think Lock Calendar is very useful application.
    But, I have a problem - lockscreen gesture controls for pwnPlayer (which I prefer to use, rather than in-built iPod app) do not work.

Does anyone have any idea how to make it work, to have both lock calendar and pwnplayer lockscreen controls working?

Thanx
    2009-05-22 03:22 PM
    I' don't see this post, sorry
    My request on this post :http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...-screen-7.html
    Just two requests:

1. If there are no Calendar entries, would it be possible to remove that text and have the opacity set to zero so we can see the lockscreen background in all its glory rather than dimmed?

2. ...

Thanks.
    Hello,

sorry for my english, i'm french !
    Very very good application !

but I'm also interested by the request of armadillo : If there are no Calendar entries, would it be possible to remove that text OR if it's possible to change this text by what you want (ex : no RDV)?

thanks for your answer

Djorsky
    2009-07-18 01:10 PM

No news about volatile-dev ?

Djorsky
    2009-07-22 08:24 AM
    Volatile-dev spoke about some pressing projects ongoing, so I hope he will come back soon.
    I would even pay a few bucks for an improvement of this application.
    2009-07-30 08:54 AM
    hi,
    This application works very well, it's true.
    I can just change the "no Calendar entries", but otherwise great application!

Djorsky
    2009-07-30 10:50 AM
150 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD