the battle is on, Steve has just annouced "app store" an installer rip off. the developer sets the price and gets 70%

How much longer will we have our free apps???????

Edit:

Actually app store will host FREE apps but as they with be apple authroised there will be place for installer so we can get ones that do the things apple dont want us to do
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-03-06 at 08:23 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-03-06 08:13 PM
    I say long live jailbreak/installer. There will be no way Apple can offer the level of customization that installer.app and jailbreak can, and they're free!

I will continue to run 1.1.3 jailbroken until there is something truly phenomenal developed that I can't have...
    2008-03-07 12:01 AM
    well maybe if we can use apple's SDK and modify the way it lets us distribute the apps then we can get it on installer making some sick *** apps. its like the blueprints right? but we are limited to only being able to distribute the apps on the appinstaller thing from apple.
    2008-03-07 02:24 AM
    All we really need is ZiPhone to work with 2.0 beta, jailbreak that, and hopefully App Store is just a .app folder and not framework stuff, so then people with 1.1.3/1.1.4 could AppStore early...
    2008-03-07 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD