Does anyone know of any software out there that allows iphone to use voice dial via blue tooth ear piece? I know of voice dial app. but you still have to operate it from your iphone before you can true use it....
    2008-03-07 06:22 PM
    not yet.
    2008-03-07 09:05 PM
    As already answered....not yet. Although VoiceSignal has produced a couple proof-of-concept apps and they already make a killer voice dialing/control app for Symbian so I'm hoping that once they get their mitts on the SDK this glaring omission will finally be addressed.
    2008-03-08 03:55 AM
    i have a great idea...how about the folks over at apple stop phucking with us and let us use the features that the "most advanced cellphone ever" should have...i know this is an old tired subject but i mean c'mon....let me send picture messages! let me use my bluetooth the way its supposed to be used....to transfer files and listen to music and actually MAKE and recieve calls.....i have having to pull my phone out of my pocket to make a call...my state (Massachusetts) is about to pass a law that if a police officer sees you with a cellphone in hand they can stop you and ticket you....and once they have you stopped for that they can find any other thing you may or may not be doing wrong to bust you for....just crap..anyway sorry for the rant.
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage
    2008-03-08 01:54 PM
    it is a matter of time till june (new sdk), i think. as always has happened: the guys which are filling our iphones with apps and many others will take care for all of this.
    ... and for sure, they will inspire even apple itself. =)
    2008-03-09 12:42 AM
    AT&T offers voicedial as a premium service, has anyone tried using that?
    2008-03-09 06:09 AM
    Oh, by all means - let's all bend over for AT&T and shell out more money for a feature that lesser(?) phones have built-in. I'm sorry but this particular functional omission has been pissing me off since day one...
    2008-03-17 03:41 AM
    Perhaps this will be solved with the new SDK.
    Thank you,
    David Branco
    2008-03-23 11:10 PM
    Been a month or two.......... any progress on this app from anyone?

I remember there was once a voice command app for the iphone, but it didn't work well.
    2008-05-09 03:41 PM
    No,you dont have it right now...
    2008-05-09 06:02 PM
    i have a great idea...how about the folks over at apple stop phucking with us and let us use the features that the "most advanced cellphone ever" should have...i know this is an old tired subject but i mean c'mon....let me send picture messages! let me use my bluetooth the way its supposed to be used....to transfer files and listen to music and actually MAKE and recieve calls.....i have having to pull my phone out of my pocket to make a call...my state (Massachusetts) is about to pass a law that if a police officer sees you with a cellphone in hand they can stop you and ticket you....and once they have you stopped for that they can find any other thing you may or may not be doing wrong to bust you for....just crap..anyway sorry for the rant.
    Ditto, they really dropped the ball on this one. I don't even use my bluetooth headset as much anymore just because of this. Now watch the new 3G iPhone will have this feature.
    2008-05-09 08:43 PM
    When the iPhone 3g came out, I thought "finally, they fixed all the silly problems the first iPhone had and put in 3g". Well so far no voice dial, no bluetooth file transfer, no video recording, no tethering capabilities, no multi-media messaging.

I think Steve Jobs realizes that people will keep buying iPhones regardless of all the features it lacks because, well, they're pretty and cool. I doubt we will ever see an iPhone with any of these capabilities any time soon. In the mean time, I'm considering trading my iPhone in for Blackberry Bold. It has 3g, tethering capability, voice dial, and all the same email and PDA features the iPhone has, and for about the same price.
    2008-08-28 01:11 AM
    Use the Voice Dialer from the App Store I think it's great.
    2008-08-28 12:09 PM
    Use the Voice Dialer from the App Store I think it's great.
    Hopefully you're not referring to this piece of crap: VoiceThis Dialer.

I can call it that. I bought it. It's sitting in my iTunes applications folder. It's not sitting on my iPhone.

There's a lot of work that needs to go into this technology. I sure hope someone's got the gumption and patience to work out the kinks to make ACCURATE voice dialing a reality.
    2008-08-28 09:24 PM
    Hopefully you're not referring to this piece of crap: VoiceThis Dialer.

I can call it that. I bought it. It's sitting in my iTunes applications folder. It's not sitting on my iPhone.

There's a lot of work that needs to go into this technology. I sure hope someone's got the gumption and patience to work out the kinks to make ACCURATE voice dialing a reality.
    Actually I bought voicethis voice dialer and it is unbelievable! It only takes 1 second to voice dial any person in my contact list of 2000. There is simply nothing else available on the app store that can do anything like this, the other app "voice dialer" (speechcloud) takes at least 10 seconds on 3g which is just completely useless in comparison.

HRL Technologies that created voicethis is that company that finally pulled through with an accurate voice dialer. welcome to voicethis
    2008-10-09 09:14 AM
    Another out of the box feature in android and BlackBerry Storm... come on Apple, I KNOW you aren;t ready to hand the reins over!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-10-09 09:18 AM
    I'm hoping something like this comes along....I'd really really really love to be able to just tap my headset, tell it to call someone, and let it go. Currently it isn't practical for me to pull my phone out and use it while on the road....nor legal in many areas.
    2008-12-26 12:52 AM
    interested in this as well. *subscribes*
    ~0okami
    2008-12-26 12:55 AM
    so when we get iPhone 3.0, will we be able to do voice dialing via bluetooth finally?
    2009-03-18 07:52 PM
    I've been able to do it on my Parrot SK4000 Bluetooth helmet kit, but that's because it syncs with my phonebook and supports voicedial internally (dials the same way a BT heatset with a CID display and phone book would).
    2009-03-19 12:05 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD