User Tag List

How do I manually instill an app on my iphone?
    2008-03-10 02:04 AM
    you have to have bsd subsystem installed and open SSH installed via installer or cydia..

you need to d/l the program (to your pc) winSCP..

onced everything is installed turn your wifi on and in your pc open winSCP

when you open winSCP the host name is your IP address (listed in your iphone)

the username is root and the password is alpine click connect, this might take a couple trys to connect cuz the first connect takes like 30 seconds or so... when it connects a window may pop up.. just click okay and your connected... on the right is your pc and on the left is your iphone files... just drag and drop

after installing open ssh i suggest you also d/l Boss pref via installer as well so you can urn ssh on and off or else it will eat your battery
    2008-03-10 02:34 AM
    What's this SSH you're talking about? I have both installer and cydia on my iphone as well as bsd subsystem installed.

Ok I got SSH installed, but I keep getting an error when trying to connect with WinSCP

Edit: Ok I got the iphone to connect everything and was able to drag and drop a few apps into the application folder. Now how do I get the apps to show up on my iphone
    Last edited by NegativeBeef; 2008-03-10 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-10 03:41 AM
    you dont need to do all that...its so much easier...just download "iphonebrowser" its on this sites download section...and if you had 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 then you will have to add i.unlock.no to your sources in installer....go to "unlocking tools" then install "ZiPhone iBrickr Fix"(if you have 1.1.2 or below you wont need to do that part)...from there all you have to do is plug your phone into your computer and open up iphonebrowser...click applications...then drag the application and drop it in there...restart your phone..and WALLAH! easy as drag and drop...dont need internet or nothin just your USB cord...i swear its the easiest way....

oh and this is on windows...i use XP idk if it works on Vista but most likely

the source is just "i.unlock.no" thats all you have to type
    Last edited by Magnum; 2008-03-10 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-10 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD