View Poll Results: Summerboard or iSwitcher???

Voters
477. You may not vote on this poll
  • Summerboard

356 74.63%
  • iSwitch

21 4.40%
  • I use both

100 20.96%
    Well im NEW to all this and i have been trying to get summerboard to work since i installed it it appears do do nothing at all not sure why but i have a uk unlocked on 1.1.2.
    So i used i switcher last night and so far think its great apart from the fact the wallpaper wont change or should i say back ground picture behind the icons, its simple and quick enough for me on my device.

anyone know why my summerboard wont work let me know thanks i for one will continue using iswicher so keep improving it donation on way shortly.
    2007-12-02 11:32 AM
    hey guys, am geting an iphone for xmas. I have tried to do lots of reading on native apps before posting this question, but i cant seem to find what im after. All i want is an app that will let me have more than the 16 icons on the iphone and be able to slide accross back and forth to them. I do not want any themes etc, just more icons. Does this mean I HAVE to use summerboard as ive read about its instabillity issues and would rather avoid using it at all. Ill be using a 1.1.2 uk iphone.

Thanks for your help guys
    2007-12-13 07:33 PM
    I'm sorry I just bought my iphone and i want to add all the apps possible, how can you upload themes or homethemes to iSwitcher using iBrickr. Cause when I use iSwitcher I have two theme options (pre uploaded in the iSwitcher app) and I want to add more. Also, is it just downloading theme from this page and uploading them with iBrick or is it something else to do? how how..thanks in advance who ever answer. I fill frustated.
    2007-12-13 11:52 PM
    hey guys, am geting an iphone for xmas. I have tried to do lots of reading on native apps before posting this question, but i cant seem to find what im after. All i want is an app that will let me have more than the 16 icons on the iphone and be able to slide accross back and forth to them. I do not want any themes etc, just more icons. Does this mean I HAVE to use summerboard as ive read about its instabillity issues and would rather avoid using it at all. Ill be using a 1.1.2 uk iphone.

Thanks for your help guys
    You do not need anything other than jailbreaking your 1.1.2 phone. Once that happens you will have Installer app and then once you install more than 24 apps you'll be able to side scroll to the second page.

I'm sorry I just bought my iphone and i want to add all the apps possible, how can you upload themes or homethemes to iSwitcher using iBrickr. Cause when I use iSwitcher I have two theme options (pre uploaded in the iSwitcher app) and I want to add more. Also, is it just downloading theme from this page and uploading them with iBrick or is it something else to do? how how..thanks in advance who ever answer. I fill frustated.
    Um, well you could check the iSwitcher site and then download the first item HERE

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-12-15 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-15 03:24 AM
    So if the 1.1.2 now has the screen-flip if you have more than 16 icons on it... is there any need for summerboard now?
    So many apps.. so little time!
    2007-12-20 11:34 AM
    So if the 1.1.2 now has the screen-flip if you have more than 16 icons on it... is there any need for summerboard now?
    Yes if you want to display a wallpaper behind your icons and control a few other visual effects.
    2007-12-20 04:09 PM
    Yes if you want to display a wallpaper behind your icons and control a few other visual effects.
    Ooh.. i shall wait with bated breathe then
    So many apps.. so little time!
    2007-12-20 04:13 PM
    SummerBoard has been out for 1.1.2 for a while now.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-12-24 10:36 AM
    I use both due to iSwitcher 2.25 needing summerboard to selcet. Had many problems with iPhone respringing itself. Traced problem to summerboard. Now, have converted summerboard themes to iSwitcher and use summerboard for wallpaper etc only. All my themes are done in iSwitcher. No more problems!

You need summerboard and set it to use theme wallpaper. Also, selcet iSwitcher theme in summerboard. End of problem.
    Last edited by georgep; 2008-01-06 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-06 02:49 PM
    Ok, so sorry if I still need help!! Hehehe Dang, I guess I really shouldn't be asking for help at 2:30 in the morning huh? Oh! Well, I'm already here, so here goes.... Ok, so there are these cute little bunny icons that I like alot, but, I don't really like the background?? I would like just a simple black background, that would really bring out the bunnies colors?? Or lets just say anyother background, and any other icons, which, I have to admit, that I have had iswitcher and summerboard all this time, and I didn't even know we could do this like changing different background and using different icons all together??
    But, I always wished that I could do that, so reading this thread , was the best.
    Thanks Greg for iswitcher, I love that we can view beforehand, just love it! So can someone, just simply tell me, so I don't screw up my phone, (again) hehehe how I put a certain background with certain icons?? I am super excited to do this, Geesh! I'm sure if I were more computer/iphone savy, I probably would have already known this huh?? Oh! is this done all on the iphone, or is the pc somehow involved?
    Thanks again guys for everytime you all have helped me and answered my dumb questions! Muuuaaahh!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!
    2008-01-17 10:32 AM
    well you can take the wall paper off in summerboard simply by turning theme wallpaper off. then your lock screen picture usually becomes the wall paper so scroll down to advanced and turn wallpaper off as well. you now have a black screen! hope that this helps. if you need anything else just let me know!
    Corey
    2008-01-18 02:49 PM
    Thanks Corey, Yaaaaay! I did it!! hahaha Easy stuff, but, since I have screwed up my phone twice, eeek! I'm phobic now, of even doing the simplest things so I don't screw it up a third time!

Thanks again!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!
    2008-01-18 05:45 PM
    hate to seem noobish but where do i get dockswap? i have a few sources installed and it's nowhere to be found
    2008-03-21 04:13 PM
73 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.