hey i am kind of new at this and i have searched with now results. i have been looking online for days now and need some help with this question. I plan on going to buffalo on thursday and buying an iphone (hopefully 1.1.3)
    i have the ziphone 2.5c software for mac, i was just wondering two things what should i be looking on the S/N to see if it is a 1.1.3 otb iphone? and last when i use ziphone will i be able to use the features like locate me, mail, youtube etc.. Ive seen many youtube videos that show this working but i wanted some other opinions. thanks in advance i really do appreciate it.
    2008-03-11 07:00 PM
    The serial number is now irrelevant. And yes, all functions will work when jailbroken by Ziphone 2.5c
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-03-11 07:05 PM
    thanks Eurisko that really helps, have been looking for a long time for this answer. Just to clarify so if i use the "do it all" in ziphone 2.5c for mac it will jailbreak/activate/unlock the phone so i can use my rogers sim and i am still able to use all the features like locate me, mail, youtube...

thanks just double checking.
    2008-03-11 07:46 PM
    thanks Eurisko that really helps, have been looking for a long time for this answer. Just to clarify so if i use the "do it all" in ziphone 2.5c for mac it will jailbreak/activate/unlock the phone so i can use my rogers sim and i am still able to use all the features like locate me, mail, youtube...

thanks just double checking.
    Here's where following the Ziphone directions becomes very important. The "Do it All" option will activate/jailbreak/unlock & downgrade your bootloader to 3.9

Although no one (well except for one guy) has complained about downgrading your bootloader, the choice remains yours.
    2008-03-11 07:49 PM
    alright awsome, as long as i can have the locate me and youtube working with the full functional phone and sms that's all i need, so i guess then it dosent matter if the bootloader is downgraded right? and i guess my baseband will also stay the same, or does it matter if that gets downgraded?
    2008-03-11 08:01 PM
    alright awsome, as long as i can have the locate me and youtube working with the full functional phone and sms that's all i need, so i guess then it dosent matter if the bootloader is downgraded right? and i guess my baseband will also stay the same, or does it matter if that gets downgraded?
    Not that I'm aware of.

Ziphone will be fine for 1.13. If you decide to go to 1.14, remember to Restore to 1.1.4, not upgrade.
    2008-03-11 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD