This is from www.ipodtouchfans.com

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ight=customize

Try installing one or both of these sources:

NEW REPO: http://danimator.axspace.com/testrepo.xml

NEW SECONDARY REPO: http://ecct2.com/testrepo.xml

You should then access to a new version of customize that was released a couple days ago that works with 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.

I can confirm this version works b/c i downloaded it via installer and it runs perfect!

Here is the last post of the thread for anyone having crashing issues:

The repository has exceeded the bandwidth at AXspace, so add mine -> http://ecct2.com/testrepo.xml

I FINALLY got it to work on my iPhone and will give you people a step by guide on how to do it!

- Setup -

1. This guide is meant for Windows users, warning you now Apple people.

2. First off, download WinSCP http://winscp.net/eng/index.php, this will be used to access the iPod or iPhone via FTP or SSH.

3. Assuming your device is already jailbroken, install these applications from installer:
    * Under System -> BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH
    * Under Tweaks (1.1.3) -> SUID Lib Fix
    * Under Tweaks -> BSD Subsystem 2.0 TermFix
    * Under Utilities -> BossTool
    4. Press home button after installing all of these then launch BossTool

5. In BossTool select the "Free Disk Space" category, move the following in order: Font, Ringtones, Applications. Fonts will take a while on the iTouch, applications isn't too bad.

6. Go back into installer, at the bottom choose "Sources", top right hand corner select Edit then on the left select Add. When the Add Source prompt comes up type i"ecct2.com/testrepo.xml" without the quotes, press OK and wait until the sources refresh.

7. Once it's refreshed press Done on the top right then Install on the bottom left. You should now see "Danimator's Repo", tap that. Inside this folder you SHOULD find "Customize-Modded 1.22", select that and install it. Now for the fun.

8. Now, for the next part you can enter in the commands in Terminal (System -> Term-vt100) or WinSCP, i'm using WinSCP because Terminal won't download for me. Okay, first of all you need to find the IP of your device. You can find this by 1. guessing, 2. checking your routers DHCP Client List, 3. or just knowing it.

9. Start up WinSCP. Hostname is your devices local IP address, Port is 22, Username is root, Password is alpine. Once you've done that you can save it or just click login. First login should take 30 seconds to 1 minute, if it won't connect try again. If it doesn't work the second time your IP is wrong or if your using an iPhone the device has locked and switched back to the Edge network.

10. Now, your all logged into WinSCP now you want to go to the top and go into Commands -> Open Terminal and click Ok to the dialog. Enter these commands as follows pressing "Execute" after each line. If it's seems like it's frozen just wait 10 seconds or so then click the text again.:
    Code:

cp -R /private/var/root/Media /private/var/mobile/
    rm -r /private/var/root/Media
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media /private/var/root/Media
    cp -R /private/var/root/Library /private/var/mobile/
    rm -r /private/var/root/Library
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library /private/var/root/Library

11. After you have made your SYMlinks (Above commands), enter in these commands:
    Code:

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

and yes " /Applications/Customize.app/Customize" is a command that needs to be executed by itself. After this command the program should hang, just watch your iPod or iPhone, Customize should open up by itself. When it does open up, don't press your home key just turn it off right from the Customize menu (Hold top button).

12. Once it restarts, you should beable to go right into Customize without any problems! Enjoy!
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-03-12 at 10:45 PM.
    2008-03-12 10:38 PM
    So does this allow 5 dock icons to be enabled in customize?
    2008-03-12 11:15 PM
    Still no... the dock is "hard wired" by the firmware starting with 1.1.3 so this will never be something you can change unless its written into the firmware itself.
    2008-03-12 11:38 PM
    It works great simple to fix
    2008-03-13 01:47 PM
    when I get to the part where you enter the command lines I get an error that says there is no such file in the directory. The only lines that work are the bottom three. On the phone I don't have the /private/var/root/Media file. What is the fix for this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bernietmac1; 2008-03-15 at 08:26 PM.
    2008-03-15 07:36 PM
    Can anyone confirm if this is fine on a mac? Sounds like fun!!

s.
    2008-03-15 07:53 PM
    it works for me but the only customiz images that seem to work are the bosscube image set and the ipluff slider image set. everything else i try isnt working. anyone know why?
    2008-03-26 09:48 PM
    Still no... the dock is "hard wired" by the firmware starting with 1.1.3 so this will never be something you can change unless its written into the firmware itself.
    It's not 'hard wired' at all. Install Caterpillar and you'll have a 5 icon dock.
    2008-03-27 01:45 PM
    For the symlinks, is it safe to do one for library? Last time I made one for Library, all of the data in my installer was gone. My sources all deleted and all my applications in the uninstall tab were gone. Most of my apps stopped functioning well also. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    2008-03-27 10:45 PM
    He lost me at step 6....
    the ecct2.com/testrepo.xml source doesn't work, therefore I cannot install the modded customize...leaving me stuck.

So since his source was shut down too....
    just add this source:
    danimator2000.googlepages.com/repo.xml
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-03-27 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-27 11:17 PM
    For the symlinks, is it safe to do one for library? Last time I made one for Library, all of the data in my installer was gone. My sources all deleted and all my applications in the uninstall tab were gone. Most of my apps stopped functioning well also. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Wish I would've read this sooner. After doing the symlinks most of my apps aren't functioning... Now I have to do a restore
    2008-03-28 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD