I'm on SwirlyMMS 0.3.2 on a family plan with unlimited messaging plan. As of 10:30pm CT I can send and receive just fine. Same settings as above.
    2008-03-17 05:31 AM
    thats really weird because i have the same plan except for 1400 mins and i get the error message
    In that case i suggest checking your settings again and then try to restore your iPhone.
    2008-03-18 01:01 AM
    i dunno but i just sent and recieved a mms for the 1st time just now, i added the plan to my phone and it just worked, im on at&t im sycked
    2008-03-18 06:28 AM
    In that case i suggest checking your settings again and then try to restore your iPhone.
    i have like 4 or 5 times now and nothing helps and its pretty hard to mess up the settings seeing how there is only 2 lines you have to fill out lol thanks thi
    2008-03-18 06:33 AM
    Same thing here; I have the family unlimited messaging plan; checked the settings like 10 times and am still getting the connection refused. Both phones on my family plan are iPhones and during one conversation with the AT&T CSR, they said my phone number was associated with an iPhone ... any suggestions... I have 5 MMS waiting to fetch....
    2008-03-18 06:24 PM
    Yeah im getting the same "refused" message now after having swirly send/receive for a week.
    2008-03-18 08:29 PM
    A recent call to AT&T CSR said there should be no problem sending or receiving (on my other non-iPhone ;-) with my account...I want to get this fixed
    2008-03-18 08:46 PM
    Well i just tried and mine is no longer working either. I'm really dissapointed. I'm going to try to put my SIM in my SLVR once it charges, hopefully it will work after i do that...
    2008-03-18 09:55 PM
    AT&T is performing a clean sweep regarding iphone data usage. AT&T cancelled my MediaWorks data plan, bc they recognized I was using an iPhone, and I had to get either an iphone plan or a PDA data plan. I decided to get the iphone plan because it was cheaper and gave me visual voicement, but I hate the fact that I can no longer use SwirlyMMS to send and recieve MMS messages thats one of the great things about having a CELL phone.

I can't believe they are actually beginning to restrict MMS messages over their data network from an iphone.....I suppose all iPhone users are flagged!
    2008-03-18 10:36 PM
    My family unlimited SMS/MMS plan is still active, but as the users above, I am receiving the error ... there must be a way around this.
    2008-03-18 10:57 PM
    Okay well i called AT&T and talked to them for two hours!

Well i told them my iPhone broke so I'm using my SLVR and MMS isn't working and it was working before.

They told me i can't MMS unless i remove my iPhone pachage...
    I said okay so they removed my iPhone package and added unlimited data.

MMS still didn't work, i was on the phone for anoth hour and 45 minutes trying to figure it out, no matter what we tried MMS wouldn't work. So it's not the iPhone nor Swirly.

Obviously they blocked my iPhone SIM from sending MMS but of course they're not gonna tell me that.

Well after 21/2 hours of being on the phone with AT&T they told me they couldn't help me.

The guy said that he submitted a problem ticket. He said that when the resolve the problem they'll text me.

I'll keep you guys updated with how the problem unfolds...
    2008-03-19 12:49 AM
    this sucks... i have the same issue..... apple seriously cant get more gay
    2008-03-19 01:11 AM
    OMG, this is getting crazy, I really hope you get somewhere MgNate, and more people call lets get this all stirred up!
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T
    2008-03-19 01:37 AM
    OMG, this is getting crazy, I really hope you get somewhere MgNate, and more people call lets get this all stirred up!
    Agreed.. i know a guy that works at an ATT store, ill ask him tommorrow if he knows anything about the situation and if i find anything out ill let u guys know k?
    2008-03-19 01:41 AM
    This is getting crazy; I applaud the work that went into SwirlyMms, but getting very annoyed at AT&T's handling.... I am seriously about a week away from unlocking my phone and moving to T-Mobile... At least MMS works with them and I can donate for a great app that works (without AT&T)
    2008-03-19 06:42 AM
    yeah its rediculous
    2008-03-19 06:49 AM
    Okay so today at 13:47 EST I received two messages from AT&T regarding my issue.

The first said,
    Frm AT&T: provisioning data correct. Since data working with another SIM suggest replacing SIM.Also showing using iPhone, but you don't have iPhone data pkgs. Thxs
    The second one i reeived a minute later said:
    Issue Tracking Number
    0000000000_0000000. Your issue has been resolved. If you have additional questions please call 1 800 331-0500.
    AT&T
    Well i tried it and what do ya know, it still doesn't work!

So basically i guess they're saying i need a new SIM card? Which is bull. The SIM just has my number it's there system that determines what i can do with it! On top of that I could MMS SIM 2 days ago! I'm not about to pay $30 for a new SIM card i already had to do that before with my SLVR!

I'm getting ready to call back. I'll keep you guys updated. I'll post what happens when i goet off the phone with them probably in a few hours again.
    Last edited by MgNate; 2008-03-19 at 10:08 PM.
    2008-03-19 09:59 PM
    Okay so today at 13:47 EST I received two messages from AT&T regarding my issue.

The first said,

The second one i reeived a minute later said:

Well i tried it and what do ya know, it still doesn't work!

So basically i guess they're saying i need a new SIM card? Which is bull. The SIM just has my number it's there system that determines what i can do with it! On top of that I could MMS SIM 2 days ago! I'm not about to pay $30 for a new SIM card i already had to do that before with my SLVR!

I'm getting ready to call back. I'll keep you guys updated. I'll post what happens when i goet off the phone with them probably in a few hours again.
    yeah having a jailbroken iphone shouldnt have anything against att because after all, its the phone thats been tampered with, not the service, so apple has a right to do things but not AT&T... i dont understand...
    2008-03-20 12:58 AM
    I will never understand why the iPhone (a multimedia phone) cannot send an MMS but every other camera phone on AT&T's network can. A bunch of bull if you ask me. Whats the big friggin deal?
    2008-03-20 01:12 AM
    I will never understand why the iPhone (a multimedia phone) cannot send an MMS but every other camera phone on AT&T's network can. A bunch of bull if you ask me. Whats the big friggin deal?
    idk man thats what im saying.... if we purchase the package that has unlimited DATA, why cant we use but part of the data? its stupid
    2008-03-20 01:26 AM
172 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD