Ok, its been a long and painfull experience with swirly, I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 16gb I just bought Saturday and I got it to work to both send and receive MMS, but come Sunday it wont work anymore, so Monday I call AT&T and have them add MMS to my unlimited texting plan. After that it worked fine and I sent and received 2 MMS. Now today it giving me a new error that says the following:

Failed to send MMS
    Possible incorrect mmsc setting.
    Unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

I have version 0.3.5, and the settings are
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com/
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    Image size: Meduim

What do I do guys?
    if you have this problem with the swirlyMMS 0.3.6

Possible incorrect mmsc setting.
    Unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

This is what you have to do first call at&t and tell them you dont have the iphone any more and tell them you need a new simcard because the one you have dont let you send mms from you new cellphone,.NOTE you have to have other cellphone when you call ATT because they want the IME of new cellphone and they have to activated the new simcard ( NOT ITUNES )

Because this what happen now the at&t network is reading the iphone simcard to know who have one and them block all the mms not matter if you r using another cellphone with the simcard of the iphone..And after you put the new simcard in you iphone, you gonna be happy ,voicemail notification and mms with the swirlymms

the problem is you r using the iphone simcard and the network know that ..no matter what cellphone you have, not MMS to anyone with the iphone simcard, the one come with the phone..you have to get a new one and tell them you dont have the iphone any more,,
    Last edited by dizzytdh; 2008-03-22 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-21 10:18 PM
    If the iphone is restored but not activated. Does this affect the SIM at all?
    2008-03-21 10:19 PM
    new sim; new IMEI; no worky.
    2008-03-21 11:03 PM
    new sim; new IMEI; no worky.

Can you add some details? What plan you are on, if swirly was working before, swirly version. IMEI change with Ziphone and New sim from att store?

As I said before, when I swapped in another SIM from my blackberry it worked fine.

Is the IP pool designated for the Iphones based on the SIM?
    2008-03-21 11:24 PM
    The problem is the SIMCARD was activated for the iphone by itune in the att network know that.and if you put the simcard in other cellphone the network still think is a iphone and block all the mms because is at iphone

Tha means you have to get a new simcard activated for att for another phone and you good to go

and i got the iphone 1.1.4 swirlymms 0.3.6 and MY PLAN IS MEDIA MAX 200 $20 AND FOR ATT MY PHONE IS A SAMSUNG D807
    Last edited by dizzytdh; 2008-03-22 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-22 12:31 AM
    picked up a new SIM at AT&T for "use on another phone"; have family unlimited messaging. Using Swirly 0.3.6 (was working before last Tuesday -- not sure if I had 0.3.5 or 0.3.6 when it stopped working (sorry). Even had technical support change my plan so it knows i am not on an iPhone and it doesn't work.... suggestions, or should i give up. arghhh
    Last edited by rkisling; 2008-03-22 at 03:05 AM.
    2008-03-22 01:10 AM
    im gonna have to try this out and hopefully it works... i hate not bein able to mms
    2008-03-22 03:11 AM
    i picked up a new sim tonight and have a frind send me a message , i got it buut it would not fetch it... and it wouldnt send ..any suggestions?
    2008-03-22 04:33 AM
    has anyone figured this out for good yet?
    2008-03-22 02:24 PM
    I'm just going to add that I personally have never activated by phone through iTunes, but through jailbreaks. I have a family plan, unlimited family messaging, and no iPhone data plan, or media bundle. I was able to send messages before, however I am not now. From what everyone has said, If you activated through iTunes, it won't work, but i havent activated through iTunes, and I still get the error message.
    2008-03-22 09:23 PM
    I'm just going to add that I personally have never activated by phone through iTunes, but through jailbreaks. I have a family plan, unlimited family messaging, and no iPhone data plan, or media bundle. I was able to send messages before, however I am not now. From what everyone has said, If you activated through iTunes, it won't work, but i havent activated through iTunes, and I still get the error message.
    So you've never restored so it said connect to iTunes and showed slide to emergency. Then you connect it to itunes and set it up that way?
    2008-03-23 02:51 AM
    I've never done the AT&T Activation through iTunes. I have restored, but then I have used other programs to activate.
    2008-03-23 03:03 AM
    I don't know then, it works for everyone else, maybe double check your settings?
    2008-03-23 07:49 PM
    What I don't understand is how you activate your SIM and add the iPhone plan without going through iTunes. I went to the at&t store said I left my iPhone at my friend's cabin, and had them give me a new sim with a data plan for my blackjack, and everything worked, even MMS. When I got home, I put that SIM into my iPhone and there was NO SIGNAL AT ALL. I called at&t to have them switch my plan to an iPhone plan, and they said they couldn't do it, Apple would have to. So I called Apple and they said the only way to do it was through iTunes. So I plugged my phone into iTunes and activated my plan. After that, I successfully sent and received an MMS on my iPhone. The next day, I tried again and got this new message: "Failed to send MMS The network reported: service denied (pe)." How do you get the new non-iphone AT&T SIM to work in the iPhone? Do you have to unlock your iPhone?
    2008-03-23 09:36 PM
    yep, sadly it looks like you need to do an unlock.

For now, I think I'll just live without picture messaging. :/
    wwjd
    2008-03-23 10:12 PM
    thus started happening to me as well. I have the unlimited family messaging plan on my family plan and i used to be able to get and receive mms. Reading through this thread depresses me since valid AT&T customers are reduced to having to deceive them for us to use the services/plans that we pay for in our bills every month. Isn't this in someway a breach of contract or something on AT&T?

This makes me want to cancel service and unlock my phone for use on tmobile
    2008-03-23 10:58 PM
    What I don't understand is how you activate your SIM and add the iPhone plan without going through iTunes. I went to the at&t store said I left my iPhone at my friend's cabin, and had them give me a new sim with a data plan for my blackjack, and everything worked, even MMS. When I got home, I put that SIM into my iPhone and there was NO SIGNAL AT ALL. I called at&t to have them switch my plan to an iPhone plan, and they said they couldn't do it, Apple would have to. So I called Apple and they said the only way to do it was through iTunes. So I plugged my phone into iTunes and activated my plan. After that, I successfully sent and received an MMS on my iPhone. The next day, I tried again and got this new message: "Failed to send MMS The network reported: service denied (pe)." How do you get the new non-iphone AT&T SIM to work in the iPhone? Do you have to unlock your iPhone?
    You can either unlock it or use the jailbreak and activate feature with ziPhone or any similar program.
    2008-03-23 11:46 PM
    You can either unlock it or use the jailbreak and activate feature with ziPhone or any similar program.
    I actually tried the Ziphone "activate" feature, but with no luck. Since my phone was obviously already jailbroken, I didn't do "jailbreak + activate," I just did the "activate" option. No dice. Still no signal afterwards.
    2008-03-24 03:20 AM
    I actually tried the Ziphone "activate" feature, but with no luck. Since my phone was obviously already jailbroken, I didn't do "jailbreak + activate," I just did the "activate" option. No dice. Still no signal afterwards.
    click do it all

yep, sadly it looks like you need to do an unlock.

For now, I think I'll just live without picture messaging. :/
    unlocking wont hurt ur phone... i dont understand ur logic haha
    Last edited by gameviper; 2008-03-24 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-24 03:32 AM
    unlocking wont hurt ur phone... i dont understand ur logic haha
    LOL I don't quite understand my logic either, but for some reason I don't want to go the unlocking route.

It's these darn herpes.

..ok i'm just kidding.
    wwjd
    2008-03-24 03:53 AM
172 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD