Hi I got on Cydia and downloaded "activatemms2g" on my 2.2.1 iPhone 3G (i thought "2g" reffered to 2nd generation) and I did the reboot as requested.. but now my phone is stuck on the apple logo... please help me.. I just spent $40 downloading songs and theyre not on my computer
    2009-06-29 03:58 AM
    You and about every one that has downloaded this. You'll have to put in DFU mode and do a fresh restore, sorry.
    2009-06-29 04:02 AM
    i need to save my files somehow... couldnt i just re-jailbreak it or something? or SSH into it and remove whatever is causing this?
    2009-06-29 04:33 AM
    itunes will let you redownload what you have already purchased.
    2009-06-29 04:38 AM
    yes but ive also got many apps and videos from cydia that would be a real pain to re-download
    2009-06-29 04:44 AM
    No, you can't do anything else other than restoring through iTunes.
    Sorry man.

1st Gen, 2G, iPhone Edge - These are all referred to the First iPhone with the metal back.
    2009-06-29 07:05 AM
    Same thing happened to me, phone was stuck on pineapple screen. I waited about 3 hours and nothing happened so i decided to try and fix it with success!
    I triputting my phone into recovery mode an then restoring through itunes but when doing so, itunbes would just give me an error message.
    The fix: Put your phone into recovery mode, download and install the lastest firmware 3.0 through itunes. Use the Pawnage tool to unlock/ jailbreak your phone and thats it. when i reopened i tunes i was able to install the custom firmware created by pawnage tool and aslso restore my phone to the last time i sync it.

good luck!
    2009-06-30 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD