It's a good thing we know some pretty smart mac users

And no it doesn't It took me a couple hours to restore, sync, pkgbackup, try to fix the problem, restore again, sync again, and manually install my cydia apps
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-14 01:03 AM
    Only a couple? Took me longer than that!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-09-14 01:17 AM
    Haha. I spent the first hour or two trying to figure out how to get past that stupid error...
    I had to leave my phone at home hooked up to my laptop...
    Went the whole day without my iPhone.. it was torture..
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-14 01:21 AM
    I'm gonna send the pkgbackup dev an email so that it's fixed before I have to update.
    2009-09-14 01:46 AM
    lol. Yeah.. and I just bought it..
    2009-09-14 01:52 AM
    Don't worry. He's really good about supporting his app. He'll get it fixed. Hopefully before 3.1 JB is readily available.
    2009-09-14 02:06 AM
    It shouldn't matter between firmware versions unless something you have now is not compatible with 3.1
    2009-09-14 02:10 AM
    haha. that's too late for me still
    That app wasted a couple of my hours yesterday.

It shouldn't matter between firmware versions unless something you have now is not compatible with 3.1
    No.. I redownloaded everything I had before and set it up exactly like how it was before... only manually.
    Now everything's all good.
    3.1 is awesome.. everything is snappier and much smoother.. and app management is awesome
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-09-14 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-14 02:12 AM
    So are you guys beta testing the new tools from the dev team or something?
    2009-09-14 02:28 AM
    IDK about Stealth...
    But me & Confucious are just special like that
    2009-09-14 02:30 AM
    I wish I was special.
    2009-09-14 02:32 AM
    Trust me.. I've worked hard to become this special
    2009-09-14 02:37 AM
    Cool cool. I guess we'll all find out sooner or later. I just wish the DT kept everyone more posted.
    2009-09-14 02:40 AM
    I don't really see what else there is to update people on..
    They're working on it... they don't have the time to write out an indepth review of how they're doing.
    And there's no ETAs because every time they give out an ETA.. it's chaos..
    2009-09-14 02:46 AM
    Yeah, I guess you're right.
    2009-09-14 02:52 AM
    Mac users have always had to create the custom FW first.
    PC users have just let Mac users do the hard work.

pkgbackup really doesn't seem to like FW change...
    it's probably that you are attempting to restore an app/package that is incompatible with 3.1! remember, pkgbackup *doesn't* know which app/pkg is incompatible with *any* firmware. it's your responsability.
    Btw, i'm pkgbackup developer. I can be reached at: [email protected]. Or on twitter: jibrilg

regards
    2009-09-14 10:55 AM
    @jibrilg I re-installed all the apps manually that pkgbackup actually backed up and it worked fine.
    It was only when I restored with pkgbackup that it got me stuck in safe mode..
    2009-09-14 10:58 AM
    @jibrilg I re-installed all the apps manually that pkgbackup actually backed up and it worked fine.
    It was only when I restored with pkgbackup that it got me stuck in safe mode..
    (you need to follow me on twitter to send me a msg, i think!?)
    i see that you have FW 3.1. I'm almost certain that you must've installed an app/pkg incompatible(yet) with 3.1.
    2009-09-14 11:09 AM
    I love being right angiepangie
    2009-09-15 07:01 AM
    Okay.. How would you explain the fact that I re-installed EVERYTHING I had before and it works fine?
    2009-09-15 07:11 AM
156 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD