User Tag List

Thinking maybe this would help some folks out there. I just installed Cydgets along with the Weda Panel. Then I customized the settings.xml file for Boston with the appropriate weather code and 6 animated radar gifs which I tracked down. I figured I'd pass along the settings.xml file which is set up sepcifically for Boston. Just go to:

/System/Library/LockCydgets/Weather.cydget/weda/Settings.xml

and replace the settings.xml file with this one:
    Attached Files
    2009-11-15 06:49 PM
    Nice job! Are u able to do other locations? lol m having troubles with changing this...

Thx

2009-11-15 07:55 PM
    It's pretty easy actually. Using Wordpad or Notepad or whatever simple text editor you like, just change the weather code in the settings.xml file to your area's weather code. I just googled weather codes until I came up with the one for Boston. Then I googled "animated weather gifs" or "animated satelite gifs" or something like that. It was pretty easy to locate them. Then just right click (in Windows) properties, and copy and paste the URL's of the images into the settings.xml file. Then save as settings.xml and overwrite the original. Takes about 20 minutes to do all the searching, copying, and pasting. Hope that helps. Also, if you search for "Cydget Weather" there are threads out there that explain this more in detail.
    2009-11-17 05:00 AM
    Sounds good. Ill see what I can do... Thanks!

2009-11-17 05:39 AM
    good luck
    2009-11-17 06:00 AM