I like rock compare to cydia but as a part of cydia acquirement rock is closed. Any idea when it will be available?
    2010-09-29 12:07 AM
    It will not be available. Rock is dead. (hey, isn't that part of a Who song)
    kwickone I.T.H.
    2010-09-30 04:18 PM
    Not good. Cydia acquired rock to kill rock.
    2010-09-30 11:05 PM
    Not good. Cydia acquired rock to kill rock.
    I guess you could say he killed it, but if you are trying to "fight" Apple by having a strong jailbreak community, having 2 separate jailbreak App Stores ends up hurting the community. I think having only Cydia with improvements will be best...
    2010-10-01 04:38 PM
    i dont see how it hurts anything.
    If anything competition makes for better products.
    Point in case, backups on rock still have yet to find its way into cydia.

At this point what do they care anyways?
    2010-10-01 04:44 PM
    Not to get a little off the subject track, for anyone who is having a problem with Cydia or just wants something faster with out all the mess, then you should give Icy 4.0 a try. To get Icy 4.0 add the i-Mods repo to Cydia. This version of Icy is maintained by i-Mods. Any questions or problems should be directed to i-Mods. Ripdev the original designer of Icy no longer supports this project. For more information please check out my web blog at i-Mods or check out my repo at http://repo.i-Mods.net
    2010-10-02 01:32 PM
    I doubt they UI for cydia will get faster with the lack of competition there is no incentive to get better.
    2010-10-22 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD